Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Who is the best pianist currently in the market?  (Read 8157 times)

Offline vladimir_gouldowsky

• PS Silver Member
Re: Who is the best pianist currently in the market?
Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:15 AM
Your tone is so disgusting. You somehow presume that everyone else has  inferior powers of discrimination. This in spite of the fact that you expose yourself as a hackish idiot every time you express an opinion about something.

The truth is nobody cares what you think. Because, ultimately...

Alkan = great composer
u = poast on this webzone

Of course, what I think (or anyone else thinks, for that matter) isn't inherently true. Belief that something is true doesn't change its actual veracity.

And when you, as with the vast majority of neurotypicals, can manage to get a decently developed frontal cortex, then you can shoot down my claim to intellectual superiority.
Per novitatem, artium est renascatur.

Finished with making music for quite a long time.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 04:26:54 AM

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:55 AM
I have diarrhea.

I believe you mean logorrhoea, though, given the similarity of the product in your case, the confusion is understandable.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 04:42:05 AM

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 04:44:52 AM
omg latin signature!!! and u poast. so smrt. so clvr on forum!!!!

PS. Full disclosure: I have diarrhea. Seriously. I am running to toilet all the time. But you know what?

I still generate less poo than u.

/endthread 1-0 2 gouldowsky.

keep on poastin' honey.

There is a reason for my signature being what it is. I signed the beginning of one of my works with "Per novitatem, artium sunt renascatur" (Through novelty, the arts are reborn), because it was the first concerto that has been written (as far as my research found) for the instrument in question.

And, for the sake of humanity, I dearly hope you aren't the slightest bit my senior. Because that would make for your birth having been a very sad day for mankind.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 04:46:59 AM

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:18 AM
The world's first Conceto for Vibrating Dildo? You should be very proud.

Glockenspiel, actually.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 04:52:18 AM

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 04:58:44 AM

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:41 AM
Whoa man, I just clicked your site and listened to that 'concerto'.

You REALLY have to start acting more humble .

I already realize I'm terrible at making music. I'm terribly at... well, pretty much everything I've ever tried in my life. I can't do such simple tasks and ties shoes or ride a bike. In terms of skills of all kinds, I'm an absolutely useless brick.

All I have going for me is intellect. And in this world, that doesn't mean a bloody thing. Yes, I may be wired to think like a machine, but I hardly get a shot at human experience. Believe me, I'd love to get areas like my Broca's area, temporal cortex, and somatosensory cortices developed so I can socialize like others, but I won't ever be afforded that privilege. So I'm damned to a life of being smart and nothing else.

And let me not forget to mention that that intellect comes with a seizure disorder. Fun.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 05:23:38 AM

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 05:28:37 AM
Well you'd be better at some other stuff (like being likeable) if you applied that intellect to learning a bit of tact and empathy. Even if you happen to be smart, from a social point of view, it would appear to be strictly dominated to TELL people you're smart.  I mean, if you're smart, people will be able to recognize it on their own and admire it for what it's worth. Telling people you're smart makes people think you're a pretentious, annoying, little twerp. 

That's my sincere advice for the night.

I used to try that tactic. But eventually, it became just like it is with those who are tall. Everyone points out the blatantly obvious, they ask the same stupid questions, and they simple tell you something you've heard a hundred times just with a new spin on it. I got sick of it. So, I just decided to save everyone the time, and me the frustration, and feed them the obvious.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 05:30:11 AM

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:15 AM
Romanus eunt domus

Romanus i domum or Romani ite domum.  ::)

Write it out 100 times or you know what happens!
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 05:37:10 AM
I've tried avoiding people too. It didn't make me happy. Even if you hate certain interactions, the value of finding people with whom you can have good ones makes the crap worthwhile.

If you self-praise, you will make it needlessly impossible for yourself. I don't like it when pretty girls say they're pretty.  Well, maybe not impossible in that case...

You don't seem to grasp the concept of a "loner", then. I have plenty of good reasons for avoiding people, as they've given plenty of reason they cannot be trusted.

And I don't self-praise, actually. I'm extremely critical of myself and I think that everything I make and do (save for the one novella I wrote) is complete crap. Like I said, the ONLY thing that I have going for me is that I'm smart. A lifetime of evidence and being told the fact to my face, even by those who I'm pretty sure want me drowned in my own blood and piss, by many has shown me that.

Offline gep

Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
Indeed and I know someone who found it a relief to get out of the concert hall after hearing him play Beethoven.

Thal
Yes, it must be terrible to go to hear some Beethoven and then, to your horror, find out that here's a pianist that makes the demand that you actually listen to the music!
Quite few people in Beethoven's time found it a relief to get out of a Beethoven concert, no doubt the same types of mind that today adore him because everybody else does....
In his time, Beethoven was a rather greater 'plinker' than Sorabji was in his.

all best,
gep
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline gep

Reply #67 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:49 AM
I have no idea what a "plinker" is,
Best,

Alistair
Easy: a performer of any and each music that hasn't been played to death for at least over a century or so, so that the mediocre and lazy have gotten used to that music. Music that demands you take your ears out of the lazy chair and sit up. Anything that not at least 50% of the other mediocre and lazy people say they 'love'. Musicians that do not play in any pre-established no-dangers-here way.

all best,
gep
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: March 03, 2014, 11:32:30 AM
Yes, it must be terrible to go to hear some Beethoven and then, to your horror, find out that here's a pianist that makes the demand that you actually listen to the music!

Except on this occasion the pianist appeared to be making the demand to get the hell out.

Mr Powell can't be bloody wonderful at everything you know, despite the fact that you and Hinty would defend him to the death.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: March 03, 2014, 12:26:58 PM
Except on this occasion the pianist appeared to be making the demand to get the hell out.

Mr Powell can't be bloody wonderful at everything you know, despite the fact that you and Hinty would defend him to the death.
I do not "defend" Jonathan Powell, to the death or otherwise, particularly when there's no need to do so as he's not in Court accused of anything. I have only ever heard him play one work of Beethoven once - the sonata Op. 109 - and, whilst I would not claim it to have been the most "b****y wonderful" performance of it of the many so many that I've heard, it was pretty decent and, if the "someone" to whom you earlier referred was at the same performance, he/she is lying to you if you quote him/her accurately, because no one did leave the hall after the Beethoven performance other than for the same reasons as most people would do at the end of the first half of a recital and they all returned to listen to the second half, which was the première of a work by me.

Mr Powell wasn't making any demands on anyone on that occasion beyond the implicit one that they listen to what he was playing.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: March 03, 2014, 09:00:02 PM
and they all returned to listen to the second half, which was the première of a work by me.

Good job you weren't on first eh.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: March 03, 2014, 09:37:55 PM
Good job you weren't on first eh.
I've no idea. Jonathan Powell put to me the idea for the programme, with which I was very happy and which comprised Chopin Polonaise-Fantaisie and Beethoven Op. 109 in the first half and my piece in the second, so why any such thing might have been a "good job" in anyone's estimation - if indeed it might have been such (to which I've no eivdence in any case) is something on which I cannot possibly comment.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:39 PM
I think it was wise to programme your work after the intermission.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: March 04, 2014, 10:02:40 AM
I think it was wise to programme your work after the intermission.
Well, I liked the whole idea of the programme, except for the obviously daunting matter of following one each of the finest piano works by Chopin and Beethoven with a piece of my own. As the particular piece of mine which Jonathan Powell performed on that occasion plays for 90 minutes, I agree that the programme was in the most sensible order...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ignaceii

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:59 PM
Again, senseless question, and that word market, My God. Too many Langs and Wangs at home. The chinese marketeers par excellence.

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: March 12, 2014, 03:04:15 AM
I have never met a pianist playing in a market. So technically, there is no pianist currently in the market...not anywhere near my place, at least.  :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert