Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Fazioli Pianos  (Read 2602 times)

Offline erman

• PS Silver Member
Fazioli Pianos
on: November 12, 2012, 11:06:55 AM
Dear Friends,

Dear Friends,

I was wondering what everyone things about Faziolis? Any particular interest on those?

Offline peterlion

• PS Silver Member
Re: Fazioli Pianos
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:33 AM
Hello,
Fazioli is  a great grandpiano.I own a Fazioli 2012.
I 've had three Steinway B grands.
But the Fazioli is better in many aspects.
(sound quality, volume, built quality)
Downs: sometimes the tenor section is a bit weak.
Allways recomendable to select from  as many as possible.

greetings Peter

Offline starstruck5

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:28:07 PM
I want one!
When a search is in progress, something will be found.

Offline pianolive

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:46 PM
There is one thing about Fazioli you should be aware of. They have a thinner soundboard than other top class pianos. They are very sensitive to low humidity, the soundboard does easily crack in periods of low RH. So Fazioli owners who live in an area with cold dry winters, should install a Piano Life Saver system, or if possible have a control system for the piano room.

Offline the89thkey

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:18:23 PM
Fazioli also makes pianos with bass notes extending down to C (almost an extra octave). They don't sound very good though. ;)

Offline lanierlaw

Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 02:10:02 AM
I use Synthogy's Ivory Italian Grand program with my Yamaha ES-8. It has a beautiful sound for recording  (using Logic Studio on an iMac). I have never played an actual Fazioli. I have a Steinway L for my acoustic and thoroughly enjoy it; I get invited to play the D Concert Grand by the local Steinway dealer whenever he hosts community events.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert