Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: How can I get rid of this horrid upset stomach?  (Read 3317 times)

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
How can I get rid of this horrid upset stomach?
on: December 15, 2012, 02:42:01 PM
I have been quite sick recently and so haven't posted here in a while. My stomach is really painful and my head hurts, and I always feel really tired. I have been throwing up periodically and resting in bed all day. Does anyone have any tips for what this might be and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Offline lloyd_cdb

• PS Silver Member
Re: How can I get rid of this horrid upset stomach?
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:59:19 PM
Fatigue, stomach pain, headache are 3 of the most common symptoms for almost all illnesses.  Type those 3 into WebMD and you'll get diagnoses ranging from multiple sclerosis to type 2 diabetes to caffeine withdrawal.

This is "go to the doctor" territory.
I've been trying to give myself a healthy reminder: https://internetsarcasm.com/

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:35:26 PM
I went to the doctor and apparently I have some sort of stomach flu that's going around. I have been told to rest as much as possible and take medications. I also have been having high fever.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:34 PM
I went to the doctor and apparently I have some sort of stomach flu that's going around. I have been told to rest as much as possible and take medications. I also have been having high fever.

Yeah, it sucks, but you just have to live through it. Don't forget to drink a lot especially since you have fever...there are some medicines that help a little also, maybe you could try lactic acid bacteria.

You are probably dehydrated also so if you can't drink enough and won't feel better soon you might actually need to go back to the doctor for a drip.

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:07 PM
Diet, diet, diet! No matter the source of the problem an out of balance diet will only make it worse. I can bet you're short on fresh fruit and veggies AND don't drink enough water. You always need to keep an eye on yourself.

Living requires doing the things that will keep you alive.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:16:51 PM
Diet, diet, diet! No matter the source of the problem an out of balance diet will only make it worse. I can bet you're short on fresh fruit and veggies AND don't drink enough water. You always need to keep an eye on yourself.

Living requires doing the things that will keep you alive.

Water is probably a contributing factor. I eat fresh fruits/veggies at every meal and try to get at least twice the minimum recommended servings of each (I'm vegetarian). But I'm feeling somewhat better now.

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:19 PM
I'm not a vegetarian but I know a lot of people who are, and I've eaten regularly in vegetarian restaurants. The one I go to the most has fantastic tasting food and I always eat too much. For my system it is a bit of a shock. But within 24-48 hours I'm back to normal.

It's tough being a vegetarian in these times and getting all the nutrients you need.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert