Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Help--Guide to solo works  (Read 5481 times)

Offline artist

• PS Silver Member
Help--Guide to solo works
on: February 14, 2003, 12:53:41 AM
Hello. I'm new on your forum here. The following is something I've been wondering about for years now without any luck of tracking it down:

In the late 80's I heard about something published called the PF Guide. It was published originally from Fullerton, California by a professor of piano at the university in that city. This was a comprehensive classification of thousands of the most -performed classical piano works from the early Baroque to the present. It had the solo works  for piano graded, according to difficulty level from beginning through the most advanced virtuoso level. It had their titles graded into one of about 8 levels of difficulty, I think-- maybe more than 8.  
Quite an exhaustive task for the authors for sure!

I only heard about it but have not seen this guide.

Does anybody know how I can get a copy of this PF-Guide, or of a similar comprehensive listing of graded piano solo titles?

Thank you
m

Offline artist

• PS Silver Member
Re: Help--Guide to solo works
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 12:58:51 AM
Re: Graded complete repitoire guide?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:20pm » Quote » Modify » Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, not any sheet music. Only the titles, opus etc. listings, of course...
m

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert