Poll

Age of Dominion piano

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Dominion Piano  (Read 1376 times)

Offline buck60

• PS Silver Member
Dominion Piano
on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:11 PM
I have recently inspected a Dominion piano that is no doubt quite old. It does not sound bad and is not too far out of tune. I did, however, notice that there were no bushings on any of the tuning pins. Is this normal for a piano of this era or maybe some tuner removed them all for some reason. Would this make the piano impossible to tune? Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture based on the serial number or is there a website that documents dates of manufacture from the serial #? the number is 16868. Thank you!

Offline silverwoodpianos

Re: Dominion Piano
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:33:16 PM

There are lots of pianos constructed without tuning pin bushings. I doubt they would have been removed as this would require restringing the entire instrument.
Dominion 16868 =1911
Dan Silverwood
 www.silverwoodpianos.com
https://silverwoodpianos.blogspot.com/

If you think it's is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert