Piano Forum

Topic: How would you deal with this situation?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
How would you deal with this situation?
on: May 15, 2013, 03:32:20 AM
(Same person as the other post.  ::) )

Person A(DD) comes in.  They ask you where a certain item is.  Person B told Person A that gave you the item, along with some others.  You got the others, but not that one item they want.  You tell Person A you got the other things but haven't seen the one they want.  They explain Person B told them it was given to you.  (Person B is practically never wrong.  Like 99.9999% of the time what Person B says is right.)  You mention where else this item might be but Person A says they've already checked there.... and where is the item... Person B said it was given to you.  You, of course, don't know, haven't seen it.... Person A starts getting upset.

What do you do?

There is a coda part to the story.  I could add that in later.  Because there is a flaw in this situation.  Keep in mind... You know what you know.  Person B is really never wrong and has a loooong track record of being right.  Info is accurate there. 

I'm wondering what the best way to deal with Person A is in this case.  What's the best reaction or behavior to smooth things over and keep Person A from getting upset.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: How would you deal with this situation?
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 03:36:31 AM
I suppose another element in the story, if it's not already obvious....

Person A is starting to get upset with you, ie It's your fault that item isn't there.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline arensky

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 03:21:20 AM
Seems to me that Person A is just a bit pushy and insistent. If I don't have it, I don't have it and to heck with Person B. If A doesn't like it they can lump it, or wait a day or two.
=  o        o  =
   \     '      /   

"One never knows about another one, do one?" Fats Waller

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 03:28:42 AM
It depends what the item was.....

If it is something extremely important then everyone involved should stop make this into a pissing contest and try to solve the very important missing item.

If the item is quite unimportant then you have to think about how important the people involved are to you. If they are your closest family members or best friends then you still don't want to make this into a pissing contest even if the object lost is rather unimportant. If you don't have any real relationship with the people involved then go ahead and tear into each other lol.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert