Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: classic Chopin out of print!  (Read 2917 times)

Offline glamfolk

• PS Silver Member
classic Chopin out of print!
on: February 19, 2003, 12:28:58 AM
Help!  I recently lost a great cd of Ivan Moravec playing Chopin's preludes (the mid-'60's recording), and now I find out it's out of print.  Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Offline pskim

• PS Silver Member
Re: classic Chopin out of print!
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 04:51:23 AM
The closest that I could find on the net was here at his web page
https://www.ivanmoravec.net/albums/su3165.htm
And the preludes were recorded in 1976 according to the notes.

Offline MzrtMusic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 11:57:39 PM
My heart is full of many things...there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all.
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Offline glamfolk

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 11:57:00 PM
Thanks so much for the link--The record I want is on there, but not the recording.  (The cd is listed, but without a link to buy it, alas) There was a second recording of the Preludes done in 1976 or so, but I've grown really attached to the 1965 one.  How are the 1976 Preludes?  Am I being too picky?  I probably am.  Like anything else, once I found out I couldn't get this one, I've been wanting it more.....Especially since I already bought it once....

Offline MzrtMusic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 04:21:23 AM
To buy the Cd, you have to click on the purple "backorder" on the upper right hand corner of the page... That will put it in your cart, and you can check out... It will send it to you when they have it...

Love,

Sarah
My heart is full of many things...there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all.
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Offline sary2106

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 08:36:29 PM
Hi!! I think I found a recording for you.... easy to access and ships within 24 hours! It's 1976, I believe... I hope that is the one you're looking for. Here's the link:

https://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/Drilldown?name_id1=2211&name_role1=1&name_id2=18773&name_role2=2&bcorder=21&genre=126

Hope that helps!

Sarah
"Everything has to be a matter of life and death. The evidence is right here. Suffering and joy. That's all there is. They're so close, it strikes terror into the human soul."

The Mozart Season
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert