Piano Forum logo
September 26, 2017, 11:02:31 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Vintage – Italian Excellence Bringing Old Steinways Back to Life

One of the most interesting exhibitors at the Cremonafiere Exhibition’s piano part – the so called CremonaPianoforte – this fall was a company and and workshop called Piano Vintage. The company performs a type of restoration dictated from the work philosophy and experience of the “Steinway Academy”. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-07-21: Top of the world Piano Competition, Final Stream  (Read 3314 times)
nicco
PS Silver Member

« on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »

Hello Everybody

In 30 minutes starts the final of our piano competition "Top of the World" in Tromsø, Norway, with 3 fantastic pianists playing 3 piano concerti. Tchaikovksy 1, Rachmaninoff 2 and Beethoven 5.

The three pianists are Francois Dumont, Emanuel Rimoldi and Lukas Vondracek, all well known young pianists.

Tune in for a great final! Its also a world record in camera angles in a piano competition! (For what its worth Wink

Heres the link:

http://new.livestream.com/topoftheworldtromso/competition

Enjoy!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
roberth
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »

Thanks for the link! I watched the finals as well as some of the prelims. I thought all three finalists gave very impressive performances, although I would have given François Dumont the top prize. The jury obviously had a tough choice to make.

Unfortunately, the internet stream was constantly dropping out at approx. every 4 - 8 bars, so it was hard to ascertain certain things such as direction of a phrase, ensemble, etc. Sad So I am very much looking forward to the YouTube uploads!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: