Piano Forum logo
November 22, 2017, 12:54:29 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Street Receives 5-Star Excellence Award

Shopper Approved has collected over 1,000 ratings from paying Piano Street Gold members and due to the high level of customer satisfaction Piano Street has received the exclusive Shopper Approved 5-Star Excellence Award. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-07-21: Top of the world Piano Competition, Final Stream  (Read 3377 times)
nicco
PS Silver Member

« on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »

Hello Everybody

In 30 minutes starts the final of our piano competition "Top of the World" in Tromsø, Norway, with 3 fantastic pianists playing 3 piano concerti. Tchaikovksy 1, Rachmaninoff 2 and Beethoven 5.

The three pianists are Francois Dumont, Emanuel Rimoldi and Lukas Vondracek, all well known young pianists.

Tune in for a great final! Its also a world record in camera angles in a piano competition! (For what its worth Wink

Heres the link:

http://new.livestream.com/topoftheworldtromso/competition

Enjoy!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
roberth
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »

Thanks for the link! I watched the finals as well as some of the prelims. I thought all three finalists gave very impressive performances, although I would have given François Dumont the top prize. The jury obviously had a tough choice to make.

Unfortunately, the internet stream was constantly dropping out at approx. every 4 - 8 bars, so it was hard to ascertain certain things such as direction of a phrase, ensemble, etc. Sad So I am very much looking forward to the YouTube uploads!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: