Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: UFOs  (Read 2043 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
UFOs
on: August 07, 2013, 12:35:20 AM
I know why the government is not telling us about UFOs.  Think about it.  Unidentified Flying Objects.  If they told us, if they identified the flying objects, the idea would disappear - UFOs would no long exist so that means the government would be lying to us by identifying them.  They are actually telling us about them by not telling us, they are telling us the truth.  The government must have been a Psyche minor in college or so and is using reverse psychology to communicate with us.  They are telling us that UFOs exist by not identifying them, therefore letting them remain in our consciousness.  ;)
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: UFOs
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:25:36 AM
*tsk* Well, now you've gone and done it.  Now everyone will know.  Cat out of the bag.  Thanks.  Thanks a lot.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:21:20 AM
I know why the government is not telling us about UFOs.  

Possibly because the truth is only shared by a very small minority who are crapping themselves if they destroy the uniqueness of life on Earth.

Our government were very silent after the Rendelsham Forest incident. Most likely because they did not know.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:33:37 PM
You're missing a couple of things.

Have you actually read any of the garbage put out by the UFO believers?  No intelligent person can read that stuff without barfing.  You have to have a total absence of critical thinking ability to give it any credibility at all. 

Why is it so bad?

Because they want it to be unbelievable!

And why do they need it to be unbelievable?

Because they're hiding something!  So it must be true!

Seriously, we know we haven't been visited by aliens, because we're still alive.  Any species advanced enough to visit us has survived a hostile universe by being paranoid and destroying anybody they meet before it can happen to them.  That's the short version, this logic is expanded upon by the experts if you care to look it up. 
Tim

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 01:46:18 PM
Well, that is the end of that discussion then.

Tim has spoken.

It's all garbage.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 01:58:54 PM

Tim has spoken.

It's all garbage.
Not really; it would surely be far more to the point to describe it as a cynical but quite deliberate (if at the same time fatuous) attempt to draw public attention away from government-sponsored drones which are flying objects that are not supposed to be identified as distinct from those which are allegedly unidentified.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 02:51:25 PM

Tim has spoken.

It's all garbage.

Thal

Don't give up so easily.

Don't you realize there would be no need for Tim to prove it is all garbage, unless he was really trying to cover it up?

And there would be no need to cover it up, unless there were really something going on.

So that proves there really are UFOs, probably doing sex experiments on us. 
Tim

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 03:00:45 PM
https://www.therendleshamforestincident.com/

Strangely, I am going to Rendelsham tomorrow for some cycling.

Obviously, the entire incident was garbage and highly trained airman are lying or talking out of their arses.

Utter crap, all of it.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:06:07 PM
 :-X
dignity, love and joy.

Offline johnmar78

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:59 PM
there are reasons why government is covering up UFOS stories, some are lies some are real. This is due to our religious believes, one believes one God system in our universe. By saying so, telling the nation that Alien is among us if not above us it will result in CHAOS- collaping in our current social system. But these days, making UFO/scientific  movies and other animations are slowly adapting into our system...I suppose  :D

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:09 PM
That there is intelligent life out there is obvious, the universe is just too big. That they're as media portrays them is a different matter. Also it is wise to remember the definition of U.F.O, Identified Flying Object.

Ergo everything we don't know's true nature and that's in the sky at that point is an U.F.O so yeah everyone has seen at least one in their life. If it a plane? A bird? No is Superman.

Until Superman was identified he was an U.F.O.  To avoid confusion I propose a new acronym W.T.F

What The hell is that Flying thing inteligent?
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 12:26:48 AM
One person on this thread is just trying to cover "it" up.

One person is just naïve, has been tricked, and is going along with that cover up.

One person is actually an alien. 

I won't say who or how I know.  It's all very hush, hush.  I just happened to know this stuff.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:13 AM
One person is actually an alien.  

Technically that is not true.  Technically, a person is a person and an alien is an alien.

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 12:53:25 AM
Fine.  A hybrid then.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:25 AM
 ;D  Hey, it worked.  Hahaha....

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 01:03:15 AM
That wasn't annoying at all.  99pt is the limit apparently.

*Bob uses a larger font because what he has to say is more important.*

*And because he's a man.  ::)*

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:16 AM
Interesting.

Buy Steinway.

How do alien visitations relate to the presidency and the changing administration every four years?

[This space also available for rent.  Hurry before it disappears.]

I guess I'm not as important now.  *It dawns on Bob to rent out ad space in his posts for various prices, dependent on the font size.*  It *is* more work to adjust the font size after all.

I see a feature Nils might be removing soon... Haha... A couple features actually.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 01:23:38 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|                                                                                                  |
|                                                                                                  |
|                      Property of Bob                                                      |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is mine too.   

And so began the Great Pianostreet Land Grab of 2013....

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 01:29:31 AM
Bob is obviously trying to cover up for the government, why else would he try to divert attention from the topic at hand?
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 01:43:07 AM
Bob is obviously trying to cover up for the government, why else would he try to divert attention from the topic at hand?

He's covering up for the government, and he wouldn't need to do that unless UFOs were true, so they must be true.

But he's obviously covering up for the government, which means he wants to be discovered covering up for the government, so he wants us to realize UFOs are real, and the only reason to do that is because they are NOT real. 
Tim

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:37 AM
He's covering up for the government, and he wouldn't need to do that unless UFOs were true, so they must be true.

But he's obviously covering up for the government, which means he wants to be discovered covering up for the government, so he wants us to realize UFOs are real, and the only reason to do that is because they are NOT real. 

Thats a conspiracy and that is exactly what they want you to think How else you explain the pyramids, advances in technology and K-Pop?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:21 AM
A government job would have a lot of job security.  And you don't actually have to be good at it. 

Unless someone was purposely trying to appear to cover something up.  A double cover up cover up.

<<

>>

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 02:13:01 AM
Hey guys, let's remember that UFO's are real.  However, UFO is not synonymous for aliens...  It stands for UNIDENTIFIED flying object. 

You have people who are like, 'yo, I just saw a UFO!!!  It must be aliens!!'

WHAT THE FREAKING HECK?!?!

You just said you saw a UFO!!!  If you saw a UFO, then how the heck can you say it was aliens?!?!  You just said you didn't know what it was! ... ... ...  WHAT?!?!  Just...  No...  No...  You're done...

Actually if you're an astronomer or something, you have a lower chance of seeing a UFO than a normal person...

Wanna know why?

BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE LOOKING AT!!!
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 02:26:33 AM
Hey guys, let's remember that UFO's are real.  However, UFO is not synonymous for aliens...  It stands for UNIDENTIFIED flying object. 

You have people who are like, 'yo, I just saw a UFO!!!  It must be aliens!!'

If it was a UFO crossing the border into the United States from Mexico or Canada, it could have had aliens in it. We don't know.  That's why we need a big fence.  Keep those UFO's out.

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 02:50:52 AM
If it was a UFO crossing the border into the United States from Mexico or Canada, it could have had aliens in it. We don't know.  That's why we need a big fence.  Keep those UFO's out.

Or it could be a commercial airline...
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:14 AM
I see.  So you're saying the airlines are in on it too? Using UFOs for their own purposes?  Maybe that's their payoff for keeping quiet about they must see all the time.  "Don't mention us aliens, ok?  Here are a few UFO's you can use yourself if you don't tell anyone about us."  I see.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 04:51:50 AM
Or it could be a commercial airline...

I fear for someone's EQ is they cannot identify a plane.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 04:52:50 AM
A lot of times it's just a bug flying in front of the camera.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 04:57:15 AM
A lot of times it's just a bug flying in front of the camera.

Bob just stop we know you're clearly of extraterrestrial origin, judging by your far-away look when talking and your posed look when not I can tell you're on a recon mission.

Also because I aw you drinking coffee without sugar I deduct you come from a 43' Lat thus that is most likely in the Pleiades, ergo you're probably from a planet near Spica or Dibula. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 12:03:44 PM
It's possible I'm an alien... and just am unaware of it.  Duh duh duh....

I believe aliens have stolen my signature line.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 01:41:37 PM

There was an interesting magazine story a while back, I think in New Yorker or something similar.

They hired a journalist to fake being an alien abductee to see if any of the abductee experts or groups would be able to detect it.  Nope, they all believed her.

Then she revealed the scam.

Were any of them embarassed?  Nope, 100% of them continue to believe she was an abductee all along, but repressed the memories;  otherwise she couldn't have fooled them.
Tim

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06:06 PM
There was an interesting magazine story a while back, I think in New Yorker or something similar.

They hired a journalist to fake being an alien abductee to see if any of the abductee experts or groups would be able to detect it.  Nope, they all believed her.

Then she revealed the scam.

Were any of them embarassed?  Nope, 100% of them continue to believe she was an abductee all along, but repressed the memories;  otherwise she couldn't have fooled them.

I would bet my First Lessons in Bach book that the magazine was covering up forthe government.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 11:50:12 PM

I believe aliens have stolen my signature line.

I only have a vague, hazy, dream-like memory of writing this post.  It may have been during an abduction. Although... If you're an alien... do you abduct yourself?

I can't find the article now.  I think it was on Cracked.com.  A man got himself committed to an insane asylum to avoid criminal punishment.  But then he couldn't get back out.  He couldn't prove he was sane.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:51 AM
We all are insane, only that some of us know how to dissimulate it better.

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:38 PM
No new sightings? I was hoping one might be posted here.

The real UFO will be Snowden's plane heading for Equador...
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline the_fervid_pig

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 10:07:26 AM
I only have a vague, hazy, dream-like memory of writing this post.  It may have been during an abduction. Although... If you're an alien... do you abduct yourself?

I can't find the article now.  I think it was on Cracked.com.  A man got himself committed to an insane asylum to avoid criminal punishment.  But then he couldn't get back out.  He couldn't prove he was sane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Flew_Over_the_Cuckoo%27s_Nest_(novel)

Currently learning:
Mendelssohn 19/6           Chopin 28/4
Satie Je Te Veux            Rach C#m
Poulenc Bal Fantome       Chopin 28/20
Schubert Serenade         Chopin 15/3
Chopin 10/9

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 03:59:46 PM
Haha.  That's true.  I thought this was an actual real-life story though.  I don't know if Cuckoo's Nest is based on real events.  Same idea.

The gist of the article I read was that if anyone was stuck in an institution, the "normal" person, they might have a hard time proving they were sane.  So maybe we're all insane.  Maybe we all have traits of it.  Maybe someone or the government could step in at any time and say we're insane.  That type of thing.  And a "be glad you don't always get what you wish for" type of story.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:52 PM
Chestbuster are real. Be afraid.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 10:02:41 PM
I wonder if you are referring to the Rosenhan study.

https://www.bonkersinstitute.org/rosenhan.html

They sent sane people into mental hospitals to try to fake being insane. 

It worked. 

None of them were from this forum.  They tried, but were unable to find anybody provably sane here. 
Tim

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
I found it.  It was a TED talk.

I think it's in here somewhere....

This guy is kind of creepy.  Makes me think he's just waiting for you to stop paying attention for a moment.  You'll wake up later and find him starting his "experiments" on you.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 07:02:34 AM
I have heard that Steinway has been taken over by aliens... :o

Offline johnmar78

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 09:01:47 AM
I have heard that Steinway has been taken over by aliens... :o

true Wofi, I think 30% Steinway share is owned by Korean pianos. Also the Bosendover is owned by YAMAHA Japan for a while since in 2007 I think.  ;)

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/paulson-to-buy-steinway-for-503-million-20130814-00709

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%B6sendorfer
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert