Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Christine Peery online piano course with Artistworks  (Read 2191 times)

Offline goodtone

• PS Silver Member
Christine Peery online piano course with Artistworks
on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:19 AM
Anyone had any experience of this course.
just signed up for this online course after watching the promotional videos and was hoping to pick up some advice on technique etc. Have to say I'm very dissapointed in the content. In the beginner section she introduces one excersise and then repeats this for the rest of the lessons using different patterns and fingering and then repeats the same for 2 hands. Another dozen or more lessons are taken up with showing all the scales one after the other and all the music you have to buy yourself. She plays many pieces but seems to offer no advice or instruction on each piece ?. If I was a begginner signing up for this course I'd want to give up piano for life after completing these repetitive excersises. Very uninspiring and I'm regretting now that I wasted my money. A subscription to pianist magazine would have been money better spent.

Offline cumin

Re: Christine Peery online piano course with Artistworks
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:17:47 PM
Responding to an old post...
I just signed up yesterday for AW with Christine Peery and am extremely pleased. I like the structure and clarity, and I think the first practice instruction (a deliberate and specific "strike" to the keys) has already improved the playing I had developed from a month of Skype lessons with someone else. The method reminds me of Montessori a little bit. Ordinarily that might not be a compliment :-).

In addition to the structured approach, I like the "asynchronous" (non-face-to-face real time contact) mode of AW. Also, seeing the various submitted lesson videos of other students, and the individual feedback given, is extremely helpful. This simple exercise is not quite so simple; I thought I would just bang it out in 5 minutes, but that is not the case.

I searched the pianostreet forum for something on this new course I just started, and only found this previous post, so I wanted to offer an additional point of view.

If anybody here is currently using AW with Christine Peery, I am interested in hearing of your experience.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert