Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Unknow piano and violin/viola piece  (Read 1970 times)

Offline mig91

• PS Silver Member
Unknow piano and violin/viola piece
on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:10 PM
Hello everybody :)! I'm trying to figure out what is the piano piece of this video

https://vimeo.com/73404703

any idea?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Unknow piano and violin/viola piece
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:50:22 PM
First thought -- It was written specifically for that video.

It doesn't sound like much to me. Piano, string instrument, and some low-pitched sound effect in the background.... until the end.

Email the video uploader and ask? 
Giambattista Parascandolo
https://vimeo.com/giamba92
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline mig91

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:24:36 AM
First thought -- It was written specifically for that video.

It doesn't sound like much to me. Piano, string instrument, and some low-pitched sound effect in the background.... until the end.

Email the video uploader and ask? 
Giambattista Parascandolo
https://vimeo.com/giamba92

Don't think it is written only for that video cause i've already listened elsewhere. By the way I contacted the uploader but he didn't answer...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:49:35 AM
Hm.  It might be some free stock music then.  If it's used other places, they might know.  If you know who they are.  Haha.

Just set up a fake email account.  Contact the owner of that vimeo video and tell him your going to sue him for copyright infringement on the music.  Ask him to prove it's all legit. Haha.  He might write back then.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline cassiesmom

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:09:16 PM
Hi there.... it's sounds very much like it is a piece by film composer Barrington Pheloung.

Here's a link to a piece called "The Farmhouse" from the movie Hilary and Jackie that sounds like it MIGHT be a snippet from it...(the you tube video is bizarre, not from the film) but you'll get the idea of the music. 

it could be something from any of his other works though... I'm a big fan of the Inspector Lewis series on PBS that Pheloung composed the music for,  and there are similar bits of music in that series as well.

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert