Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: kawai pianos (specifically the US-60)  (Read 8813 times)

Offline anetamrzyglod

• PS Silver Member
kawai pianos (specifically the US-60)
on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:17 PM
So tomorrow I'm having a look at a second hand Kawai US-60, as a beginner I don't know too much about piano specifications. It seems like it's been maintained in the photos. However I'm just wondering a few things about Kawai pianos. Firstly, are they good for a student? Tonally, what do they generally sound like? And will this piano last me all my exam grades?(1-8)

Also, what about the Kawai US-60 in particular. I haven't seen much online, but if you know much about the US series.. feel free to share..

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Re: kawai pianos (specifically the US-60)
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:07:06 PM
This video will tell you more about these model pianos than I can. Just keep in mind that otherwise it's relative to condition of the one you are looking at. Obviously we don't know the condition of the one you are looking at. Here is the link : https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Kawai+US+60+video&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

Edit:
Just thought I'd mention that Kawai as a brand is well respected. While  a relatively new product line in the US compared with old names here, they have been around in Japan since the early 1900's. They have gotten more innovative in recent years but most of their pianos have been well regarded, even their latest digital offerings which have won awards world wide for design features, tonality and also acoustic like feel on some models.
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.

Offline tosca1

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 06:36:30 PM
Koichi Kawai began his piano business in 1927.  Not quite as early as stated above.

Kind regards,
Robert.

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:56:29 PM
Koichi Kawai began his piano business in 1927.  Not quite as early as stated above.

Kind regards,
Robert.

Yes, actually I heard something similar just yesterday. I've been wrong before , I'll have to correct the other message.
Thank's
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert