Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Nocturne op 72 no. 1  (Read 6497 times)

Offline guitarwolf

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Nocturne op 72 no. 1
on: November 12, 2004, 03:50:56 AM
I have a question about the big trill in this piece. 3rd page 8th bar. I know the first part of the trill is with the 1st and 3rd finger. My question is when you switch over to the latter part of the trill what fingers do you use? I land in the position that would leave me using my 3rd and 4th fingers to trill but I cant trill nearly as fast with those like my 2nd and 3rd. Can any of you trill that fast with your 3rd and 4th? I do a quick switch currently and use my 2nd and 3rd after landing on my 4th finger. It goes 2 1 3 4 then my 2nd comes down for the trill. Is that what your supposed to do or do I need ALOT of trill practice with my other finger?

Offline allchopin

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Nocturne op 72 no. 1
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 05:56:50 PM
First of all Guitarwolf, depending on the edition of your nocturned, the 8th measure of the 3rd page is going to vary, but I'm assuming you mean the first trill.  I think I've used 1313 for the grace notes because this is the strongest motion.
A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert