Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Problem with High gloss polyester finish on a modern upright piano  (Read 1406 times)

Offline brikel

• PS Silver Member
Hi
Can anyone advise as to how I remove "bloom" from  a high gloss finish on my piano.?
The surface looks dull and streaky in places. I have never used any polishes on it just a slightly damp cloth. and then buffed it off with a dry cloth. The piano is a Scheidmayer upright and is 25 years old (had it from new)
Any and all help appreciated.

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
There are gloss buffers for pianos, but those don't work well or not at all.  Go to an automotive parts store and look for the paint buffers.  You should be looking at 8000 grit sandpaper or polishers.  A buffing wheel will make the job much easier.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert