Piano Forum

Poll

Which is, in your opinion, the harder transcription/paraphrase of Strauss' "On the Beautiful Blue Danube?

Schulz-Evler
Cziffra
Seriously? You mainly post in the "Last post wins!!!" thread and now you're asking this? I want to slap you in your face! (Please don't choose this one)
About the same level of difficulty

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Schulz-Evler vs. Cziffra Blue Danube  (Read 4960 times)

Offline stravinskylover

• PS Silver Member
Schulz-Evler vs. Cziffra Blue Danube
on: February 10, 2014, 07:10:06 AM
Please don't hate me for creating this kind of thread, I am just asking out of complete curiosity (of course I wouldn't attempt either of them). I understand difficulty is subjective, but I'm asking for your opinion, not which one is "the" hardest.

theholygideons

Re: Schulz-Evler vs. Cziffra Blue Danube
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:17:20 AM
F U C K , Y A , B I T C H !!!

Offline stravinskylover

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:15:22 PM

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:00:48 PM
well if it's on standard office paper,both are probably 1.5 (between talc and gypsum) and about equal

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:30 PM
I'd say they were approximately equal. The Schulz-Evler calls for a lot of chordal and octave stamina; the hardest thing in the Cziffra is imo the velocity of the myriad runs whilst keeping them quiet. The lh is harder in the Schulz-Evler whereas I think the rh is more tested in the Cziffra. What is hardest is having enough technique to play them with room left over for panache and style! As a footnote, this Cziffra is far more accessible some of his others, like the Bumblebee, Tristch-Tratsch, Fantasie Roumaine or William Tell.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline stravinskylover

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
I'd say they were approximately equal. The Schulz-Evler calls for a lot of chordal and octave stamina; the hardest thing in the Cziffra is imo the velocity of the myriad runs whilst keeping them quiet. The lh is harder in the Schulz-Evler whereas I think the rh is more tested in the Cziffra. What is hardest is having enough technique to play them with room left over for panache and style! As a footnote, this Cziffra is far more accessible some of his others, like the Bumblebee, Tristch-Tratsch, Fantasie Roumaine or William Tell.

Thank you so much for answering the question! I don't see why some people have to be mean to others because they ask questions like these. Even if they're being foolish, that doesn't mean that others can just insult them without even knowing who the person actually is. I would love to have a few more serious answers, but please everyone, if you're going to say something that is not answering the question at hand, please don't say it. Thank you!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert