\"\"
Piano Forum logo

Suggestion: Notation app in the forums (Read 1720 times)

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Suggestion: Notation app in the forums
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
That would make communicating specific musical ideas easier to do instead of having to scan/photograph and then upload it.  If it could also allow fingerings to be notated that would be even better.  Just a thought.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Suggestion: Notation app in the forums
«Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »
Interesting.

A drawing pad could work, same idea.  Although standard notation would be easier to read.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 02:37:48 AM »
Perhaps a drawing pad with pre-made notation symbols so it's simply click and paste.  I hate the automated rest function on some of those notation programs.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:10:21 AM »
If there was a site that would let you paste a screen clip, and turn that clip into an image available online.... That would make it easy to do nicer notation with your software at home and then post a clip quickly.  I suppose you could do something similar if you turn a screen clip into an image yourself and post it somewhere.

Then again, not everyone will have notation software.  If it's on a site somewhere... Plus a site that will post screen clips... We'd be set.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:21:10 PM »
Maybe something like a MuseScore app that is integrated with forum software.  MuseScore is a free open source notation program. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 01:17:51 AM »
I hate musescore on the basis that I haven't figured out how to use it. It's too complicated for the purpose I suggested.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »
What ever happened to Finale Notepad?  Was free, then they charged...

http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale-notepad/

Free again, but you have to register?

Use Finale Notepad.  Take a screen clip.  Turn it into an image file.  Post it online somewhere.  Then link it on a thread here.   That's still a lot of steps though. 

Offline khantallis123

«Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:02:30 PM »
I think Musescore is easier than Finale Notepad. Why not use "Chinese notation"? Easy to type in. And also, for some non-Chinese, one source says the notation comes from France! Easier to learn than Musescore, even when you're old. Useful too, when interested in Chinese folk songs.