Piano Forum

Topic: What happened to Pianostreet format?  (Read 1752 times)

Offline 1piano4joe

• PS Silver Member
What happened to Pianostreet format?
on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:08 PM
Hi all,

There used to be little blue rectangles that said, "new". Has this site been hacked by a virus or something?
Is my computer jacked up? There is now a, "mark read"? What the f***? When I've read a topic the little blue rectangle turns off. Does it not? I KNOW that I've read it, don't I? Why is this tab here? It serves no logical purpose. If someone adds to a post then the blue rectangle comes back, right?

Please tell me this is a temporary situation. Also, there is a, "mark unread" button" that doesn't seem to do anything, whatsoever, at all. It seems the thousands, yes THOUSANDS of posts I read are now indistinguishable! Has this happened to anybody else? I'm looking at the left column where there are black squares and dogeared pages. I thought there must be a new format to this website. Could someone please explain them to me since I have no idea what they do.

Thank you, Joe.  

P.S. I am using the browser, "OPERA". Maybe this site no longer supports that browser?

Offline 1piano4joe

• PS Silver Member
Re: What happened to Pianostreet format?
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:19:14 PM
Hi all,

Okay, the LARGE BLACK SQUARES are posts that either you started yourself or comments that you posted on someone else's thread. Interesting...

That's all I got so far, Joe.

Offline 1piano4joe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Hi all,

Okay, the first vertical column has several different, icons? Some are dogeared rectangles of 1 page and others are two pages. I thought this might distinguish read and unread posts. It doesn't. So what is their purpose?  

In addition, there are dogeared squares with little faces at the bottom. What do they do or what are they SUPPOSED to indicate?

There is a second vertical column adjacent to the first. These icons are mostly 2 page diamonds. Anybody know what they are for? Sometimes there is a CIRCLE of some kind too. Some have question marks inside and others have exclamation marks inside. Why? Please tell me!

One circle is a yellow smiley face. What does that mean?

Thank you, Joe.

Offline 1piano4joe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:38:10 PM
Hi all,

There is now a, "LAST POST" tab that is all the way to the right under post new poll. It is a small black square and has, "La" in it. This is only the 2nd one I could figure out on my own.

So far, so good, Joe.

Offline 1piano4joe

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:39:52 PM
Hi all,

I just found a little blue light bulb. What does that indicate?

Thank you, Joe.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:21 PM
knock knock ...

Who's there?

Meat tenderizer.

Meat tenderizer who?

Uh ... I don't know.  I can't think of another good part to that joke.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert