Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What is my voice type?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline thepersonwhoissane

What is my voice type?
on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:56 PM
I started singing a few months ago and haven't had any coaching or anything, just watched some youtube videos on technique and stuff. It seems voice type classification has more to do with weight and timbre than range. I've been told I was a bunch of different voice types by different people and I want more of a broader, unbiased opinion. I can't decide between a tenor, low tenor or baritenor (maybe even high baritone?). I haven't really found a style of singing to stick to either. I have recordings to make it easier.

Lowest recorded note: C2 (sounds a bit fryish in the mix but I've been able to sustain a fairly bassy sounding resonance around the same pitch)

https://soundcloud.com/thepersonwhoissane/my-impression-of-johnny

At about 2:28

Highest recorded note: C5

https://soundcloud.com/thepersonwhoissane/hey-you-pink-floyd-vocal-cover

at 4:25

I have a few other songs on there with highs lingering in the upper 4th octave and lows around E2 - C3.

My comfort range is F2 to F#4 any time of day including after warm ups.
Any suggestions will help.

Thanks.

Offline timothy42b

• PS Silver Member
Re: What is my voice type?
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:51 PM
You might ask on The Modern Vocalist forum, they let you post sound clips I think. 
Tim

Offline thepersonwhoissane

Re: What is my voice type?
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:03:35 PM
You might ask on The Modern Vocalist forum, they let you post sound clips I think. 

I tried registering there but it didn't work. Not sure why it didn't, but it's been bugging me wanting another persons opinion so I just posted in the first place it seems like I'd be able to post it.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert