Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Tell me about your love life  (Read 16638 times)

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Tell me about your love life
on: August 19, 2014, 04:27:46 AM
 :-* :-* :-*

In love?  Been in love?  Married?  Divorced?

I WANNA KNOW!!!  I want stories!!!

Oh god my hormones are acting up again...
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Tell me about your love life
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:36:34 AM
Here...

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:35 AM

Oh god my hormones are acting up again...

Just take J-Menz advice and then go practice!

Offline dima_76557

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:29 AM
Tell me about your love life

I got a new mistress yesterday. The good thing with her is that she came with headphones, so even if we make love at night, nobody will notice. She used to have a tortured life, but under my hands, she seems to be quite satisfied. Her name is Yamaha "Arius-and some number". We'll see how it goes. Most important: no more complaints from the neighbors... :)
No amount of how-to information is going to work if you have the wrong mindset, the wrong guiding philosophies. Avoid losers like the plague, and gather with and learn from winners only.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:18 AM
Quote from: dima_76557link=topic=56055.msg604036#msg604036 date=1408425149
I got a new mistress yesterday. The good thing with her is that she came with headphones, so even if we make love at night, nobody will notice. She used to have a tortured life, but under my hands, she seems to be quite satisfied. Her name is Yamaha "Arius-and some number". We'll see how it goes. Most important: no more complaints from the neighbors... :)

Congratulations! Some day we might get to see your lovely babies?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:03:02 AM
It is just me and me banjos nowadays.

Cannot rely on women.

If I get the urge, I just ring up the agency and they send one round.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:55:48 AM
She's moving overseas, so, yea... Glad I learnt some nocturnes...

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 11:37:44 AM
I had a wife... she died, poisonous mushrooms. I had a 2nd wife, she also died from poisonous mushrooms. My 3rd wife she died from a head injury.... she didn't want to eat the poisonous mushrooms.  :-\
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 12:06:42 PM
In love with me right hand.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 12:24:16 PM
It is just me and me banjos nowadays.

Cannot rely on women.

If I get the urge, I just ring up the agency and they send one round.
I have to admit that I've never yet encountered an agency that would send a banjo around on demand...

Anyway, I thought that you were heavily involved with a scanner.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:05 PM
I have to admit that I've never yet encountered an agency that would send a banjo around on demand...

Then you need to get out more.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 08:51:16 PM
the Beethoven portrait tattoo on the inside of my arm should say everything there is to say, about my love life... :-[
I'm hungry

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 08:59:04 PM
Then you need to get out more.
Why? After all, you don't; you wait for the agency to send the banjo around to you, apparently!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:59 PM
the Beethoven portrait tattoo on the inside of my arm should say everything there is to say, about my love life... :-[

Are you chopin2015?

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 01:54:57 PM
Hmm... I think I am having a rather one sided romance with someone who has been rotting in his grave since 1757... :P

But can't help it, playing with him makes me feel warm and fuzzy and rarely as frustrated as some other men...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 01:59:44 PM
Alright I have a problem here...

She says she loves me, we introduced each other to our parents, she slept over multiple times, she even talked about what our kids would look like!

BUT...

she says she wants a casual relationship or friends with benefits and she to be able to be with other guys BUT SHE GAVE ME sh*t FOR BEING FRIENDS WITH ANOTHER GIRL EARLIER THIS YEAR.  She said she didn't wanna sleep with other guys but I think she's full of sh*t

We had a big fight last night.  She says she wants a casual relationship but you don't *** say you love someone or talk about kids if it's just casual.

I'm thinking of dumping her ass.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:08 PM
Alright I have a problem here...

She says she loves me, we introduced each other to our parents, she slept over multiple times, she even talked about what our kids would look like!

BUT...

she says she wants a casual relationship or friends with benefits and she to be able to be with other guys BUT SHE GAVE ME sh*t FOR BEING FRIENDS WITH ANOTHER GIRL EARLIER THIS YEAR.  She said she didn't wanna sleep with other guys but I think she's full of sh*t

We had a big fight last night.  

Welcome back to reality...

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:03 PM
Welcome back to reality...

No dude seriously like I don't know what to do.

I might just pull a *** you I'm outta here unless you wanna stop being a douchebag but I don't know,

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:01 PM
Are you chopin2015?

yes, I thought you would never ask!!! :) Except I am no longer obsessed with the chopin 2015 competition. I had to get a reality check.
BUT I do have flashy fingers.

and you should dump your
"friend". She sounds controlling. I don't handle that crap.

However, you could look at it from her perspective. You are both young, and she is not ready to make THE commitment. Maybe you can give the friends with benefits thing a try. Just make sure you are getting the benefits, and not putting your heart on the line like an IDIOT. :) And if you are putting your heart on the line, make sure you are very patient...AS IT GETS CRUSHED OVER AND OVER!!!! :./

OR you can say screw these games!!! And just focus on your studies. (A choice you can't go wrong with.)
I'm hungry

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
Maybe she has some kind of a Dissociative Disorder? Or Bipolar Disorder?
Like she's on a really long period.

That, if everything else fails.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:05 PM
No dude seriously like I don't know what to do.

I might just pull a *** you I'm outta here unless you wanna stop being a douchebag but I don't know,
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about...

But seriously, that's how relationships often are are these days with young folks (and with some older folks as well). You either deal with it or move on. You cannot change her no more than she can change you. I doubt you too are old or committed enough to go through some kind of relationships councelling?

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 04:53:18 PM
Just dumped her.  I don't do any of that friends with benefits bullshit.  I'm an all or nothing guy.  I said when (if) she gets this hooking up with other guys bullshit out of your system I'll be waiting. 

And I feel really bad.  We're not even gonna be friends.  I just said don't talk to me, look at me,come to any of my performances, tag me in anything etc, unless you come back.  But call me if you need me to beat someone's ass for harassing you or you need emotional support. 

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 04:54:32 PM
Maybe she has some kind of a Dissociative Disorder? Or Bipolar Disorder?
Like she's on a really long period.

I think so.  She gets her period once a year.  She used to be on the pill and I heard she was really nice on it but she stopped taking it and now she's just been an ass.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 05:09:05 PM
Just dumped her. 

You'll get something better later...Now use this experience to further  your art!

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 05:31:46 PM
You'll get something better later...Now use this experience to further  your art!
https://euge.ca/2014/01/28/silver-lining/

Seriously though, sublimation...

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 05:39:44 PM
Just dumped her.  I don't do any of that friends with benefits bullshit.  I'm an all or nothing guy.  I said when (if) she gets this hooking up with other guys bullshit out of your system I'll be waiting. 

And I feel really bad.  We're not even gonna be friends.  I just said don't talk to me, look at me,come to any of my performances, tag me in anything etc, unless you come back.  But call me if you need me to beat someone's ass for harassing you or you need emotional support. 

Good for you! If it feels like you got a huge weight off your shoulder, then I recommend just saying away from her, permanently. She sounds like the kind to play games, even if she "comes back". I wouldn't trust it.

Don't give people a second chance to mess with your heart.

Trust me. I've given people (I'm talking platonic friends, but this applies to relationships, as well...) many chances and they never change. You can't expect a person to change. And if you ask them to change, you end up looking an ass.

You can't trust her, can you?
I'm hungry

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:07 PM
I have not experienced anything remotely close to a love life. If there is an aspect to love one can experience, I have not experienced it.
Per novitatem, artium est renascatur.

Finished with making music for quite a long time.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:12 PM
Good for you! If it feels like you got a huge weight off your shoulder, then I recommend just saying away from her, permanently. She sounds like the kind to play games, even if she "comes back". I wouldn't trust it.

Don't give people a second chance to mess with your heart.

Trust me. I've given people (I'm talking platonic friends, but this applies to relationships, as well...) many chances and they never change. You can't expect a person to change. And if you ask them to change, you end up looking an ass.

You can't trust her, can you?

At the end of the day I still love her and I want her to come back when she's not *** around with other guys.

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:43 PM
Dude, I am the last person you could call an expert on this, but I think you might have made a mistake.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 08:00:47 PM
I have not experienced anything remotely close to a love life. If there is an aspect to love one can experience, I have not experienced it.

What about a mother's love?
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:56 PM
Dude, I am the last person you could call an expert on this, but I think you might have made a mistake.

So I shouldn't have dumped her?

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:30 PM
What about a mother's love?

I meant more along the lines of eros, not phila or storge.
Per novitatem, artium est renascatur.

Finished with making music for quite a long time.

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 11:06:49 PM
Just dumped her.  I don't do any of that friends with benefits bullshit.  I'm an all or nothing guy.  I said when (if) she gets this hooking up with other guys bullshit out of your system I'll be waiting.  

And I feel really bad.  We're not even gonna be friends.  I just said don't talk to me, look at me,come to any of my performances, tag me in anything etc, unless you come back.  But call me if you need me to beat someone's ass for harassing you or you need emotional support.  

Dude, that's a major beta male move. If you want her back at some point in the future you must NEVER say you'll be there waiting for her. You shouldn't even say you'll be there for emotional support either. If you want a monogamous relationship, you move on and screw loads of girls like nothing happened, making her jealous and potentially making her realise she'd rather have you to herself.

To tell her you'll be there for her on an emotional level and that you'll just be hanging around hoping she'll come back after screwing other men is seriously lame. It says you're a push over and punching above your weight. Even if she came back, you wouldn't be respected if you accepted her back in such a weak fashion.

Think about evolution. Does a woman want her male sons to be the type who never pass on their genes because they mope about one girl and hang around waiting for her without looking elsewhere? No. Real men move on and spread their mothers gene pool, rather than vow to die childless and alone due to but one rejection. It might seem perverse, but there's nothing less attractive than a moping guy who hangs around lamenting the loss of one girl. Men who can move on are more likely to get a girl back- not those who say they'll wait around like a loser just in case. Sorry to be blunt, but you've gotta man up. It's win win, because it both means you might get her back and it also means you might find you like someone else anyway and move on for real before you even realise.

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 11:22:24 PM

You are the closest thing I've seen to a soul-mate  ;D

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 11:30:32 PM
Just dumped her. 

Now may be an opportune time to do some composing or other creative work.  There may be some great music awaiting to be written as a result of this.

Or you can decide to go forth with your Everest mission.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 01:40:15 AM
Dude, that's a major beta male move. If you want her back at some point in the future you must NEVER say you'll be there waiting for her. You shouldn't even say you'll be there for emotional support either. If you want a monogamous relationship, you move on and screw loads of girls like nothing happened, making her jealous and potentially making her realise she'd rather have you to herself.

To tell her you'll be there for her on an emotional level and that you'll just be hanging around hoping she'll come back after screwing other men is seriously lame. It says you're a push over and punching above your weight. Even if she came back, you wouldn't be respected if you accepted her back in such a weak fashion.

Think about evolution. Does a woman want her male sons to be the type who never pass on their genes because they mope about one girl and hang around waiting for her without looking elsewhere? No. Real men move on and spread their mothers gene pool, rather than vow to die childless and alone due to but one rejection. It might seem perverse, but there's nothing less attractive than a moping guy who hangs around lamenting the loss of one girl. Men who can move on are more likely to get a girl back- not those who say they'll wait around like a loser just in case. Sorry to be blunt, but you've gotta man up. It's win win, because it both means you might get her back and it also means you might find you like someone else anyway and move on for real before you even realise.

Actually I didn't say I would wait for her directly.  I said....  "Alright I'm dumping you until (if) you get this whole seeing guy thing out of your system"

And then after I said If you come back it's fine, if you don't it's fine.

but the emotional support thing was true.

::) ::) ::)

And at the end of the day I'm still the one who dumped her.

Offline coda_colossale

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:35 AM

Werther doesn't agree.

Actually I didn't say I would wait for her directly.  I said....  "Alright I'm dumping you until (if) you get this whole seeing guy thing out of your system"

And then after I said If you come back it's fine, if you don't it's fine.

but the emotional support thing was true.

I think you handled the situation in the best way possible. I would possibly throw myself at her feet and beg her to stay with me 'till she could no longer resist ;D
Soo, hope she realizes her mistake then, I guess...

Offline nyiregyhazi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 02:24:17 AM
Werther doesn't agree.

According to the synopsis, his bit of stuff was in love with him but married someone else due to a promise from her mother. Not really a comparable situation to a lady who's looking to be free to play the field if she wants, only for a chap to say that he's willing to be hanging around all alone while she does so and that he'll let her stroll straight back in if she changes her mind afterwards. The worst thing a guy can ever do is offer to be a shoulder to cry on, for emotional support, in that situation- if he wants more. You're telling the girl she can use you for her personal comfort, without having to give anything back. If you want a result, you shut it off and let her start missing that support to the point where she really wants it back- and won't be granted it cheaply or weakly. Offering things out for nothing, in the hope of getting rewarded is the worst dead end there is with women.

Also, romanticised fiction is fiction. You might as well use the Rambo films as evidence that one man will probably be fine if he has to fight down a massive squadron of soldiers on his own.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 04:49:47 AM
I meant more along the lines of eros, not phila or storge.

I meant more along the lines of MILFs but I gotcha.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:33 AM
I'm hungry

theholygideons

Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 04:56:13 AM
At the end of the day I still love her and I want her to come back when she's not *** around with other guys.
She's just a horny person, get over it. Either accept it, or move along. Personally, I would *** as many people as i could. Just make it blatantly obvious of the distinction you make between lust and love. Bring up the possibility of a threesome, as well, there is a certain quality of leadership in that. Show that you're a man, and capable of manly behaviour by *** another man up the ass.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 04:59:29 AM
Bring up the possibility of a threesome, as well.

Calm down guys... I think it's better for R4 to just practice his piano playing!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:24 AM
She's just a horny person, get over it. Either accept it, or move along. Personally, I would *** as many people as i could. Just make it blatantly obvious of the distinction you make between lust and love. Bring up the possibility of a threesome, as well, there is a certain quality of leadership in that. 

Nope that's not true actually I've tried several times to have sex with her but she wasn't goin.  Or she'll just tease me and then stop suddenly for no reason and give me blue balls and laugh at me.  I'M a horny person.

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 05:02:32 AM
Nope that's not true actually I've tried several times to have sex with her but she wasn't goin.  Or she'll just tease me and then stop suddenly for no reason and give me blue balls and laugh at me.  I'M a horny person.

I feel very welcome here, on piano street! hahah

Rach 4, do you watch Game of Thrones?

edit: Rach 4, do you watch *dat* Game of Thrones?
I'm hungry

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:35 AM
*** it I'm just gonna do my thang with other girls. 

But I'm not gonna talk to her so I'm not gonna tell her that.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 05:10:35 AM
I feel very welcome here, on piano street! hahah

Rach 4, do you watch Game of Thrones?

edit: Rach 4, do you watch *dat* Game of Thrones?

I've heard of it.  I don't watch tv though

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 05:16:12 AM
I've heard of it.  I don't watch tv though

It's not really on tv but if you watch shows online, that kinda works...

Just go and take care of your business, kid. And come back to us when you learn that Rach concerto. Now GO!!

I'm hungry

theholygideons

Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 06:01:41 AM
Nope that's not true actually I've tried several times to have sex with her but she wasn't goin.  Or she'll just tease me and then stop suddenly for no reason and give me blue balls and laugh at me.  I'M a horny person.
When in doubt, whip it out. she's just intimidated by how long it is. You can try tie her up in ropes, or hand cuff her as a game, beforehand. It's fool proof.

theholygideons

Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 06:05:13 AM
Can nils please make an adults only 18+ section in piano street? I believe there are a lot of minors who surf this forum, i wouldn't want them to take any of these ideas away, because they are really effective. 

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 06:09:38 AM
It's fool proof.

It's also called rape.

Keep your lurid little fantasies to yourself, lest your "love life" consist of dropped soap and a cellmate called "bubba".
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert