Piano Forum

Master Teacher Christopher Elton – Never Ending Impetus
With 50 years at the Royal Academy of Music and an international teaching career, Professor Christopher Elton has gained unique experience in how to coach accomplished artists. In this unique interview for Piano Street, Elton shares his insights and views on the big perspective. Read more >>

Topic: Do you post on pianoworld.com forum also?  (Read 3861 times)

Toshiyo

Do you post on pianoworld.com forum also?
on: November 30, 2004, 07:21:53 PM
What is the difference between these two forums, seems like there's more traffic in the other forum.  Interesting thing I noticed is that  a lot of people were bashing Yamahas at the other forum.  They are more into European/American pianos I think. 

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Offline Floristan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Do you post on pianoworld.com forum also?
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 07:56:22 AM
I belong to both.  More serious pianists at this forum discussing technique, repertoire, pedagogy, etc. in a much more focused way.  This is more of a working forum.

Piano World forum is more free form.  A lot of good info gets exchanged, but there's more social networking going on over there, occasionally some knock-down, drag-out fights (mostly about politics and religion, which are permitted topics in the "Coffee Room" but not elsewhere on the forum), occasional melodramatics and histrionics, and a generally less focused discussion.  Some threads are more focused than others, but few as intensely serious as here.  It's a fun place.  I come here to work!

Toshiyo

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 05:41:37 PM
Very interesting observation you made.  I also belong to both but I feel that this forum is more objective and not as biased/opiniated as the pianoworld forum. 

:)

Offline Jack Appleseed

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:04:37 AM
I have been in the Coffee Room for a year but it has become somewhat overrun by political conservatives who tend to gang up on anyone slightly different.  Neat place, but tough if you have a thin skin.

Can't speak to the piano parts of it.

I haven't been here long enough to make a real comparison.

ja

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert