\"\"
Piano Forum logo

what's the most ridiculous (serious) post you have seen here? (Read 2440 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: what's the most ridiculous (serious) post you have seen here?
«Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »
My best guess is to delete anything connecting that profile to her real name.  Or she's leaving the forum.

From what I've seen she accused someone of stealing her recording.  A few weird episodes, arguments between posters.  And then that thread.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline ahinton

• PS Gold Member
«Reply #51 on: December 08, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
This one.

http://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=25818.msg292858#msg292858
Erection protection.   ::)

The problem of being in a situation where you're playing the piano and you get an erection.   ::)
Worse when playing cello, surely?

Pianistimo suggested hitting it with a hammer.
What - a piano hammer? - but then one has in any case to allow for the Susanity of the person making such a suggestion....

I was clicking back to see how many posts Mayla had deleted.  She's back to pg 84 now. Page 83 has that. 
Is it really necessary to introduce this into a second thread when there's ample stuff about it in the other one?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

From what I've seen she accused someone of stealing her recording.  A few weird episodes, arguments between posters.  And then that thread.

I remember that--been a while now since that happened.  She seemed to have recovered from that disaster and moved on...  that was really weird.  Both recordings had a mistake in the same place--or something of that nature.   

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #53 on: December 13, 2014, 02:51:55 AM »
Yes, on the negative side... The needless bickering an arguments occasionally on here.  Ridiculous as in stupid, pointless.   Not ridiculous funny.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #54 on: December 13, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
ridiculous, pointless, and just stupid---there's been a lot of that around here at times.  We are musicians though--or some of us here are anyway... by and large not known for our humility. ;D

I am reminded of Handel and Matheson... and their duel.  I found that piece of music history absolutely fascinating when it came up...  even more fascinating than Berlioz and his opium habit..