Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What you guys think of my exam's design.  (Read 1052 times)

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
What you guys think of my exam's design.
on: November 21, 2014, 10:34:15 PM
'Sup,

I am turning in my exam this Monday, basically I had to create an application that manages Music Groups, Pieces, Artist and bla bla bla.

I am quite confident in the design sans one part, the Index (main screen) so instead of asking some tacky people over the internet I decided that I wanted opinions from the well versed people of this forum, the problem is that I have 0 talent to match colors and software engineering inevitably meets design somewhere in the road.

Without further ado let me know what you guys think, should I keep it like this?

"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Re: What you guys think of my exam's design.
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:12 PM
Just in case Symphony is the name of the application and the H2CODE is technically me.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:03 PM
Larger font and any colour but grey (I'd go for a dark rust).

so instead of asking some tacky people over the internet I decided that I wanted opinions from the well versed people of this forum,

We're not tacky people over the internet? That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said.  :D
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:39:27 PM
Larger font and any colour but grey (I'd go for a dark rust).

We're not tacky people over the internet? That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said.  :D

Dark rust as in red rust? And the font will be changed be made bigger

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 12:55:06 AM
Maybe change the grey box into a translucent one, blurring out edge detail in the colored background.

Or have a desaturated translucent background (not totally desaturated to grey, just a hint of the background color).

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert