Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Expensive Electronic Keyboard VS Grand Piano  (Read 2325 times)

Offline bonesquirrel

Expensive Electronic Keyboard VS Grand Piano
on: January 07, 2015, 09:45:59 AM
Title explains it.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Expensive Electronic Keyboard VS Grand Piano
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:56:23 AM
Oh man that's so awesome I'm excited!! it's about time they released some new dlc characters .  Can't wit to try this match up.  Pretty sure I can win with either character!

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
Pretty sure I can win with either character!

What if they're weapons rather than characters. GP is certainly heavier and more lethal, but could you throw one? DP (stage variety) for my money!
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:42:51 AM
What if they're weapons rather than characters. GP is certainly heavier and more lethal, but could you throw one? DP (stage variety) for my money!

And you can use them to transmit electric shocks as well!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:21 PM
And you can use them to transmit electric shocks as well!
lol maybe he ate one!

Offline ashtonm

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:50:01 PM
There are pro's and con's to BOTH.

Grand Piano Cons: Space, requires maintenance and some of which that costs such as tuning. If you move, it costs even more. Due to noise/loudness it can cause issues if you live in an apartment. Extreme cost disparity - $1800 digital piano compared to an $18,000 grand piano... And not everyone does, but you SHOULD care about acoustically treating the room. More $$$.

Digital Piano Cons: Drastically inferior sound, inferior action, and it doesn't make a room as beautiful like a gorgeous, shimmering black grand can. Although this isn't as long as the aforementioned list of cons, sound and action are thee most important factors of a piano. Period.

Nothing can beat the real thing, however, in a world where things must be practical, and you're not rich - a digital piano can't be beat either.

Shyyyrrryyuuuken!  ;)

Ashton
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert