Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: 5 pretty productive Years klassik-resampled online  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
5 pretty productive Years klassik-resampled online
on: January 08, 2015, 05:37:38 PM
Hi folks,
Nowadays I am not so new here. 5 Years ago I started my online-Project "klassik-resampled.de" (You can find Link under every of my postings here), sharing the results from working with digital means to realise classical music. Looking back to the sometimes a bit to emotional "wellcome" some members gave me, i think the project has developed remarkebly well and stable:

a) It is still quite productive (Now appr. 1500 mp3 from ca. 100 different composers, with 340 compositions recorded for the very first time).

b) over the years it is well visited (this year aproaching 2 Mio hits only of pages deicated to certain music-recordings  - Frontpages and Contact and Infopages are not count since they are not always necessarily hit, with active interest in the music)

c) well voted and commented (nearly half of the pieces are being voted now (48%). More than 90% of those are voted with the two (out of five) highest possible votings less than one percent are voted with the two (out of five) lowest possible votings. In compareable relation there are constantly people adding friendly, interested and encouraging comments to many recordings.)

I knew, this project would be fun to do as I now know now, that it will be to continue. It seems as if five years ago not all members here would have expected that. I just want them to know I am alive and doing well, ....here we go for the next years:

Now I finally was able to redesigned the whole Website and updated it as far as it is possible to me to the current technical standards.  

Be invited to visit the currnt status of the constantly growing project and stay tuned in the next years for approximatly another 800-1000 recordings mostly already prepared. most of them rare seldom heard music.

best
fahl5

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: 5 pretty productive Years klassik-resampled online
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:45:41 PM
You cannot imagine how bad i now feel for giving you a hard time. My emotions got the better of me as usual.

I am glad you are doing well and hope you continue for many years.

Warm regards.

Mike

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:24:30 AM
Dear Mike,
I just could not comment the first reactions of some pretty vehement members of this forum better, than with this T.Carreno Quotation I found in the bottomline of another member here:
"Never be afraid to play before an artist.
The artist listens for that which is well done,
the person who knows nothing listens for the faults." (T. Carreño, quoting her 2nd teacher, Gottschalk.)
The prolific development of my project and overall positive response it has received in the last years seems in regard of those few but most vehement pianostreet members to me just another impressiv proof of T.Carreno & L.M.Gottschallks words. ;)
best
fahl5

Offline stoat_king

Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:04:59 AM
Very nice website.
I shall be exploring in more depth when time allows.

Offline Steffen Fahl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07:22 AM
Thank you for your friendly and encouraging reaction, of course I know myself there is very much left for me to improve to make this project as I want it to be. I still hope that even in the current development state there will already be at least for some people something interesting.

thank you for your interest
fahl5

Offline 8_octaves

Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:00 AM
Dear Mike,
I just could not comment the first reactions of some pretty vehement members of this forum better, than with this T.Carreno quotation I found in the bottomline of another member here: The prolific development of my project and overall positive response it has received in the last years seems in regard of those few but most vehement pianostreet members to me just another impressive proof of T.Carreno & L.M.Gottschalks words. ;)
best
fahl5

Hello Steffen,

yes, I have spotted and observed,  ;D , that you like the quotation.

And I like your website, but I'll have a thorough look at it later, so I'll assent stoat_king's words:

Very nice website.
I shall be exploring in more depth when time allows.

Cordially, 8_octaves!
"Never be afraid to play before an artist.
The artist listens for that which is well done,
the person who knows nothing listens for the faults." (T. Carreño, quoting her 2nd teacher, Gottschalk.)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert