Piano Forum

Topic: Knabe Piano identification  (Read 1778 times)

Offline zardoz516

Knabe Piano identification
on: February 01, 2015, 05:09:13 PM
Hi, I am knew to this forum and was hoping I could get some help identifying my piano. I purchased it a year ago from a neighbor that was moving. I am now looking into selling it but have little idea of its value. There are 2 brass plates inside the piano, one has official piano of San Francisco Opera and the other has Official Piano of Metropolitan Opera.If anyone could help or is interested in it for themselves please let me know. I can email pictures to anyone interested or able to help. Thank you. S/N is 184488

Offline silverwoodpianos

Re: Knabe Piano identification
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:29:41 PM
Hi, I am knew to this forum and was hoping I could get some help identifying my piano.

???

I think you have already answered your own question;

It is a Knabe serial number 184488 from 1984. Looks like a 6 footer with a utilitarian cabinet style in satin black from the photo.

Any common sense buyer is going to have the instrument inspected and appraised for present mechanical condition and then local market value regardless of who you contract to do the same.

No one on an internet forum can perform that kind of comprehensive inspection for you.

So either sell it by asking for offers or look around locally at what similar instruments are selling for.
Dan Silverwood
 www.silverwoodpianos.com
https://silverwoodpianos.blogspot.com/

If you think it's is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Offline zardoz516

Re: Knabe Piano identification
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:36:01 PM
Thank you.

I think Ill contact a local piano store.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert