Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Mozart touch?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Mozart touch?
on: March 29, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
       Hello, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions to achieve a more Mozartian touch.

Now, my touch is too heavy and the notes linger to long, even after a let go.
Any suggestions?

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart touch?
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:16:46 PM
If the notes are lingering too long after you let go, that sounds like a fault of the piano.
Try playing basic scales, but the minute you depress the next key, your previous finger should be lifted into the air. This will have to be done slowly. Granted, as you start getting faster, the fingers will have to be closer to the keys, but the principle remains the same.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:47 PM
With age i become more and more convinced that there is no particular "touch" for a composer.  There's certainly a particular style related to every composer,  but the sound and tone are yours alone.  Kempff was certainly not a "mozartian" player but his mozart was sublime.  The touch was identical in schubert and beethoven.  Maybe you're aiming for a dry ( not in the negative sense) crystal sounding touch.  Like in scarlatti and other harpsichord composers.  I Think for mozart this is wrong.  The tone should be generous and ringing in sound.  I event think bach should be played as such.  Maybe you're using too much pedal if the sound lingers after you've left the note.  Or the piano needs adjusting.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:03:22 PM
With age i become more and more convinced that there is no particular "touch" for a composer.

Wow--I would say just the opposite--with age I am becoming more and more aware of how each composer's "touch" is unique.    With age meaning I started at 4 and I am now 50 so maybe you are not referring to quite that much age  ;D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:19 PM
no.  quite a bit more!

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:59:52 PM
no.  quite a bit more!

lol...fair enough... ;D  Maybe someday I will feel the same way...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert