Piano Forum

Topic: CPE Bach - Solfeggietto  (Read 3166 times)

Offline pianist7s

• PS Silver Member
CPE Bach - Solfeggietto
on: May 09, 2015, 08:20:38 PM

Just want anyone opinion on my video if I did good or is their something I need to work on. But I'm self taught and I can play by ear and only can read sheet music in note names. But I finally got me a piano Asian teacher who going help me read sheet music the correct way.

Also, is their another piece that is similar to CPE Bach - Solfeggietoo? or can anyone recommed me to any piano piece I should learn to play.

Offline tanz92

Re: CPE Bach - Solfeggietto
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 01:52:00 PM
Hey mate I had a look at your video it's a great effort it's not an easy piece to play especially being self taught so well done :)

After listening to your interpretation I can list a few things that you may want to work on :)

First of all there are quite a few wrong notes throughout the piece but I'm sure you and your teacher can work on this and it's a good way to practice reading the notes. Sometimes if a note sounds really out of place chances are it is so have a good listen when you play so you can pick them up :)

At the beginning of the piece the timing is a little uneven and both passages in the right and left hands seem to slip a little between notes. This is also the case when the beginning section transposes (changes key) later in the piece. Maybe some ways to improve this are:
-practicing your finger technique and evenness by doing exercises (I like Hanon's "the virtuoso pianist").
-divide the piece into sections and practice them individually. This way you can give more attention to the areas that need it and it's also easier to keep track of when playing from memory. I know a lot of people that just practice start to finish and miss out a lot of the fine details. Practicing start to finish is good after all sections in the piece are played well individually and you want to put it all together. This is just my opinion :)

There are a few hesitations between sections you might want to do some separate practice in the areas where these passages link together to get a smooth transition.

The trill in bar 25 is perhaps too long. Some editions of this piece actually write the trill for you but more often than not, a "tr" symbol is used in this piece. Most often the trill will start on the next note above the once written according to the key in which the piece is written so you've done that part right :) however the duration of the trill is left to the performer most of the time so try to balance out many trills you can do evenly within the beat.

Also remember that dynamics are an important part of piano so try to use a few more in your interpretation.

Well done on finishing this piece and best of luck :)

Offline pianist7s

• PS Silver Member
Re: CPE Bach - Solfeggietto
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:19:09 AM
Yeah kinda did messed up toward end of the song. Also hit wrong note due to me rushing I try to play slow but thanks for your help :) I'll work on those Hannon excerise and also practice to read sheet music.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert