Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Where to buy/play European pianos in the U.S.?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline skryabyn

Where to buy/play European pianos in the U.S.?
on: May 19, 2015, 03:51:56 PM
I've never played a Bechstein, Bosendorfer, Grotrian-Steinweg, etc. Is it possible to try these pianos in the states, or are there no European piano dealers here? It seems like all I can find are Steinways, Kawaiis, and lots of Chinese brands.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Where to buy/play European pianos in the U.S.?
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:07:16 PM
yes but it is a small market. I have had a chance to play Boseys, Bluthner, Pleyel, Steingraeber (one of the best!), etc. but you have to search out usually a very large affluent metro area to have access to the dealer, as their primary customers are institutions, and folks that can afford discretionary purchases in 50K+ USD range.

Offline michael_sayers

Re: Where to buy/play European pianos in the U.S.?
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:48:53 AM
The situation is the reverse here in Europe.  If one hear wants to try out N.Y. Steinway or one of the old American made Baldwins, good luck!

Mvh,
Michael

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert