Piano Forum logo
October 18, 2017, 10:17:16 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The Future of the Recording Industry: Is There One?

The record label Naxos has gone from budget outsider to industry leader in its 20-plus years of existence. But what does the future hold for any record label at a time when CD sales are plummeting and downloads are stagnant? Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Chopin Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 No. 2 with too many authentic ornaments"  (Read 1109 times)
michael_sayers
PS Silver Member

« on: June 12, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I just found this interesting recording.  All of this variation from the standard published version is in Chopin's own hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1biX1pLbPk

Mvh,
Michael
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Nocturne
mjames
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »

Yeah, I also read a few things by Chopin's students. All of them would say that if a particular student was trouble with a section, or a piece, Chopin would deliberately modify it/add in stuff to make it his pieces even harder.

"If you are having trouble with ornaments, then youre getting a shitload of ornaments for this lesson buddy!"

Pianism is my religion, Bach is my God, and Chopin's my prophet.
markh13
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

Thanks for posting this - I've been playing this 'alternative' version for years (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uqN4apKcjo), although mine has fewer notes!

I really liked how Joseph Smith played this - with great simplicity, and a very understated elegance and beauty.
michael_sayers
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »

Yeah, I also read a few things by Chopin's students. All of them would say that if a particular student was trouble with a section, or a piece, Chopin would deliberately modify it/add in stuff to make it his pieces even harder.

"If you are having trouble with ornaments, then youre getting a shitload of ornaments for this lesson buddy!"

Grin

Mvh,
Michael

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: