Piano Forum logo
June 22, 2017, 04:19:28 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Street Receives 5-Star Excellence Award

Shopper Approved has collected over 1,000 ratings from paying Piano Street Gold members and due to the high level of customer satisfaction Piano Street has received the exclusive Shopper Approved 5-Star Excellence Award. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Chopin Nocturne in Eb Op. 9 No. 2 with too many authentic ornaments"  (Read 977 times)
michael_sayers
PS Silver Member

« on: June 12, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I just found this interesting recording.  All of this variation from the standard published version is in Chopin's own hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1biX1pLbPk

Mvh,
Michael
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Nocturne
mjames
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »

Yeah, I also read a few things by Chopin's students. All of them would say that if a particular student was trouble with a section, or a piece, Chopin would deliberately modify it/add in stuff to make it his pieces even harder.

"If you are having trouble with ornaments, then youre getting a shitload of ornaments for this lesson buddy!"

Stop reading my sig you stalker

Chopin Scherzo No. 1, Op. 10 no. 8
Debussy prelude no. 4. book 1

(SICK PIECES YO!)
markh13
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

Thanks for posting this - I've been playing this 'alternative' version for years (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uqN4apKcjo), although mine has fewer notes!

I really liked how Joseph Smith played this - with great simplicity, and a very understated elegance and beauty.
michael_sayers
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »

Yeah, I also read a few things by Chopin's students. All of them would say that if a particular student was trouble with a section, or a piece, Chopin would deliberately modify it/add in stuff to make it his pieces even harder.

"If you are having trouble with ornaments, then youre getting a shitload of ornaments for this lesson buddy!"

Grin

Mvh,
Michael

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: