Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Tuning a Kawai 801-F  (Read 1670 times)

Offline pointtaken

Tuning a Kawai 801-F
on: July 01, 2015, 08:51:29 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and had a question about piano tuning.

After my grandparents had given me a piano played by my aunt, I had realized that 10+ years of neglect had led it to be out of tune. I found out about this when I tried to listen to my A4 key and a 440Hz tone on my computer. The key sounded off, and playing it made me realize that the key had a lower pitch than it should have. My A# key sounds like the A key. This was true across the board. If the piano were to be tuned, how much would this cost?

Offline lhorwinkle

Re: Tuning a Kawai 801-F
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:16:58 AM
Prices vary from place to place. But expect at least $100 for tuning in the US, and twice that in some locations.

But your piano will likely need more than a tuning. It might need a pitch raise, which is effectively a double tuning. So expect to pay more.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert