Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Interactive Hanon package  (Read 1647 times)

Offline adrianholovaty

• PS Gold Member
Interactive Hanon package
on: August 19, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
Hey everybody -- I put together an online package of the first 30 Hanon exercises. The philosophies are:

* It should be available for free online, in a web-optimized way. (Obviously it's already available on IMSLP, but that's a PDF, which doesn't work well on small screens, can't be listened to, etc.)

* It should be accessible to people who can't read well yet. There's a visual keyboard display, which shows you where to put your fingers.

* You should be able to hear audio. You can hit the play button to hear how it should sound (currently with synth samples, but I'll add a proper real recording soon). You can slow it down, loop sections and hear a metronome. Obviously Hanon exercises aren't the pinnacle of beautiful melody, but, for me, it's a huge help to hear the music I'm trying to play, before I try to play it.

Here is the link: https://www.soundslice.com/collections/hanon/

What do you think?

I know there's a fair amount of debate about whether Hanon is worth practicing for everybody; this is intended for Hanon fans. If the response is positive, I will add other exercises and repertoire to this system!

Cheers,
Adrian

Offline wolfgangster

Re: Interactive Hanon package
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
Thanks I am going to use your page. I can benefit from these exercises as I am just returning to piano after a prolonged serious illness.
I'm not certain I would assign much Hanon to students, but for us old pianos who need a tuning, it might just do the trick

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert