Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Solo/Ensemble Piece Advice  (Read 1075 times)

Offline abel2

Solo/Ensemble Piece Advice
on: September 14, 2015, 12:07:20 AM
So....I need advice. I want to do a class A piano solo for Solo/Ensemble this year. Any advice would be really appreciated.
https://www2.waterforduhs.k12.wi.us/staffweb/music/documents/14-15%20Band%20Stuff/2014-15%20Solo-Ensemble/Piano%20Solo-Ensemble.pdf
 That's the piece list. There's 50 pieces on the list, and I've played some of them. (Played meaning gotten to a point where getting to a performance standard would be pretty easy.) I'm really not a very good pianist though.

I've played 11 (Pathetique 1 and 2), I've looked at 13, Played 16 (37/1, couple others), fiddled with 22 and 26, played 31, and played (a bit) 40. I know this is kind of a pain, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!