Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin - Minute Waltz - Minimum acceptable tempo ?  (Read 15385 times)

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Chopin - Minute Waltz - Minimum acceptable tempo ?
on: December 21, 2004, 07:53:38 PM
All is in the topic !

Any suggestion ?

Cheers,
Drooxy
Drooxy

Offline anda

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin - Minute Waltz - Minimum acceptable tempo ?
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 07:56:42 PM
metr 80/bar

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 09:15:13 PM
Thanks Anda !

It is pretty fast...

What is the best way to reach that tempo  for that piece ? (for instance, is going progressively up to speed hands separate with the help of a metronome a good method? Should one even go over that tempo before joining hands... but then that is really very quick !, etc.).

Thanks for any hint !

Cheers,
Drooxy
Drooxy

Offline zemos

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 08:48:57 PM
Thanks Anda !

It is pretty fast...

What is the best way to reach that tempo  for that piece ? (for instance, is going progressively up to speed hands separate with the help of a metronome a good method? Should one even go over that tempo before joining hands... but then that is really very quick !, etc.).

Thanks for any hint !

Cheers,
Drooxy
Yeah it is quite fast, but a high ambition leads to a big effort, which leads to good results!
I think the best way is first of all to learn both hands very slowly but perfectly, then start using metronome:
start a bit faster than before, do it good and increase the speed by 8. Then of-course make it perfect on that speed and so on...   I learn pieces in this method, I think it's quite good! (:
Good luck!
Too bad schubert didn't write any piano concertos...

Offline anda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 08:53:32 PM

Yeah it is quite fast, but a high ambition leads to a big effort, which leads to good results!
I think the best way is first of all to learn both hands very slowly but perfectly, then start using metronome:
start a bit faster than before, do it good and increase the speed by 8. Then of-course make it perfect on that speed and so on...   I learn pieces in this method, I think it's quite good! (:
Good luck!

so, if i understand correctly: learn (including memorize) either hs or ht (you know what works better for you). then start about 1/2 tempo and work progressively up? i totally agree.

best luck

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 06:13:56 AM
Thanks Anda and Zemos...

Just one last question: how do you finger the measures  10, 12 and 20 ? I am really struggling on these !

Thank you really for your answers !

Cheers,
Drooxy
Drooxy

Offline anda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 09:21:42 PM
Scholtz/Pozniak fingerings(in peters edition):

bar 10: 3 2 232 1 2
bar 12: 3 232 1 4 5 2
bar 20: 2 3 2 1 2 1

best luck

Offline TheRach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 09:59:19 PM
Thanks Anda !

It is pretty fast...

Thanks for any hint !

Cheers,
Drooxy

Hands seperately, and yes go over the speed. You should be able to play it much faster hands seperate than together.

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 07:57:42 PM
THANKS !

:)

bar 10 (3 2 232 1 2) causes me big troubles at fast speed because of the repeated finger 2 on Eb... I tried many other fingerings to avoid that repetition but with no real success...

Is there really a way to repeat that quickly the Eb with the finger 2 or is there other possible fingerings ?

Thanks again !
Drooxy
Drooxy
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert