Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Concert: Chopin's revolutionary etude vs. Rachmaninoff's Moment Musical no4  (Read 2420 times)

Offline chopaninoff

Next year I'd like to Play on a concert but I can't decide wich one I should play and why? Both are interesting pieces and resemble each other. Do you know maybe other good concert pieces?

Thanks in advance!

Offline kawai_cs

Both of them are extremely beautiful pieces, very intense and the audiences love them for sure.
I played Chopin many years ago and have worked on Rachmaninoff this year. The latter is far more technically demanding even though they may seem very similar.
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline handz

Rachmaninov is definitely harder and even more wild, for sure a bigger WOW factor on a concert.
In progress: <br />Scriabin: Preludes op 11 nr 6, 10, 17, 1<br />Rachmaninov: Prelude C# minor<br />Fibich: Poeme<br />Mussorgsky: Pictures at Exhibition Promenade, gnome

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert