Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: my first public piano preformance.  (Read 1376 times)

Offline klavierkonzerte

• PS Silver Member
my first public piano preformance.
on: December 26, 2004, 03:55:04 AM

in few hours I'll preform the faintasie impromptue and my arragments of two folk pieces called dark eyes and 2 guitars.  I'M SO SCARED & I'M ALREADY SHAKING.
it's going to be on tv and i'm sure i'll rape the impromptue  ;D

Offline abe

• PS Silver Member
Re: my first public piano preformance.
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:56:02 AM
congrats on being on TV. Is it local tv, or larger than that? If you're good enough to get to this point of performing on TV, then I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!
--Abe

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 10:14:09 AM
wow cool tv don't be scared it's incredibly cool! be excited!just ignore the whole nervous factor (yes it is possible, or at least for me anyway) and be like woooo i'm gonna cane the fantasie imprompu, and it'll be such a better, more enjoyable experience! good luck and smile:D
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline klavierkonzerte

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 11:40:44 AM
thanks guys.

ahhhhhh  i just came back
it was REALLY scarry, i  was confident first but when i sat at the piano my heart started pounding like crazy and my hand and shoulders started shaking
first the audience are scarry they look like they want to eat you with there eyes
second i preformed in an open square not a hall and  it was freazing.

but thank god it was ok i improvised alittil on the folk songs and made few mistakes on the impromptue but my cosin said that she didn't notice some of them.

if they liked me today i might preform again in some fancy resturant with ,if things go ok, a russian pianist 
isn't this great  :D

Offline klavierkonzerte

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 11:43:19 AM
oh and it's local tv.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert