Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Manhattan School of Music Audition  (Read 1589 times)

Offline ajlongspiano

• PS Silver Member
Manhattan School of Music Audition
on: February 22, 2016, 01:45:11 PM
Good morning friends! I just wanted to let you all know that this week I have my audition at the Manhattan School of Music. I want to thank you all for your wonderful support over the last year or so as I've started posting here. I greatly appreciate the friendship and support of many of you. I just wanted to say that if I don't get a good offer from a conservatory this year I have no shame in taking a gap year and applying again for 2017. I have no shame in that since I've only been studying for three years, it may even be beneficial! If I do end up taking the year off some of my new audition repertoire will be Ballade 4 and the Medtner Sonata Reminiscenza! If you believe in fate, wish me luck in my audition, and if you're religious at all, feel free to say a prayer! Thanks everyone! I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Best,

AJ

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Re: Manhattan School of Music Audition
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:30:41 PM
Goodluck Aj. Interesting future repertoire, that sonata was actually what got me into Medtner in the first place! Glad to see you also enjoy it.

What's the rep for your audition? Just curious.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 03:49:10 PM
Good luck AJ! You're going to own the auditions ;D
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline ajlongspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:51 PM
James, thank you! I know, the sonata is fantastic! My repertoire for the audition is Bach P&F G Major Book II, Mozart K332, Chopin Ballade No.1, Medtner Op.20 No.1, and Bach Goldberg Var.1.

Thank you Noah! I appreciate your support.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 06:00:46 PM

WOW!!!  so excited for you. :) 

Start spreadin the news
I'm leaving today
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it
In old NEW YORK!

I'm gonna wake up in a city that never sleeps!

sorry, I'm old... ;D

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert