Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Thoughts on Chopin's Sonata No. 3?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline azbroolah

• PS Silver Member
Thoughts on Chopin's Sonata No. 3?
on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:34 PM
I've recently fallen very deeply in love with this piece, and would very much like to learn to play it, but I'm concerned that it's technically too demanding. I would say the most difficult piece I have learned is his B-flat minor scherzo, which I can play well but not excellently. I know that the Sonata would be a huge undertaking, but is it likely that I'll find it completely out of my reach? The fourth movement in particular sounds quite daunting.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Re: Thoughts on Chopin's Sonata No. 3?
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 11:13:37 PM

Offline didi100

Re: Thoughts on Chopin's Sonata No. 3?
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:37:40 AM
I'm working on the Finale now. It is very daunting and definitely the most challenging piece that I've ever taken on. I've been working on this piece for 3 months and have made it to the end but now have a lot of work to bring it up to performance level. It is a beautiful piece and one that I've loved for many years and thought about eventually playing. It is very challenging, but perhaps its beyond my abilities but I still soldier on and hope that one day, I will be able to perform this piece.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert