« on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:38 AM »
Powerful enough to penetrate through terrible disease:

"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.facebook.com/groups/348933611793249/

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: Power of music
«Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:56:28 AM »
Makes peace with enemies and brings back loving memories.

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:07 AM »
The healing power of music

Online ted

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:09:32 PM »
This thread is both timely and important. Fame, money, finger dexterity, arguing incessantly about which sorts of music we like or dislike, making reverend gestures toward this or that way of playing, this or that magisterium of common practice or avant-garde - the underlying reason we play and listen to music is unconnected with these things, and is utterly ineffable. Thank you for reminding us of it.   
"When I was young they said, 'Ah, wait until you are old, then you'll see.' Well, now I am old, and I have seen nothing." - Erik Satie

Offline josh93248

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
This thread is both timely and important. Fame, money, finger dexterity, arguing incessantly about which sorts of music we like or dislike, making reverend gestures toward this or that way of playing, this or that magisterium of common practice or avant-garde - the underlying reason we play and listen to music is unconnected with these things, and is utterly ineffable. Thank you for reminding us of it.   

Absolutely!
Care to see my playing?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »
Agreed. Let us all listen to one of the greatest instances of this ever: Brendel playing the Appassionata.
Jazz Ambassador 8)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:21:52 AM »
Cheers ted! Unfortunately online people forget what music is really about and keep posting about their favorite so and so and what's the best fastest most difficult etc. As you can see this thread doesn't get much response since I'm sure many don't know the real power of music and just think it's for entertainment, a tool for comparisons or to show off with. The Internet has become quite a stupid place lolol.