Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of  (Read 1203 times)

Offline josh93248

The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
on: May 31, 2016, 12:15:12 PM
I sang recently in the Matthew Passion with the Melbourne Bach Choir and it was a high level of musicianship let me tell you, the choir, orchestra and conductor all were very good and professional. But the Evangelist was in a world of his own.

I've never heard a voice this good live, In fact I would compare him to ANY recorded tenor EVER. His pure musicality and stunningly beautiful lyric tenor voice combine into the most moving musically tasteful combination imaginable. I am happy being a dramatic tenor but when I hear someone like this a part of me wishes I was born Lyric and had a voice like this guy.

He's also incredibly humble and soft spoken, I met him briefly after the Passion concert and then saw him again at a lieder concert (where he obliterated his fellow artists, who are the cream of of the crop of Melbourne singing) I think he just doesn't want to push himself too heavily, I don't know.

If you ever listen to anything I post listen to this.

Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline josh93248

Re: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:40:59 PM
Okay, maybe people have looked at the video but not commented but seeing that nobody felt compelled to talk about this wondrous voice I sort of doubt that.

I REALISE IT'S NOT PIANO! But the point of piano is not piano, it's music, therefore if you care about music and want to give a tremendous unrecognised artist a chance please just listen.

So BUMP I guess...
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:46:05 PM

8)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert