Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Monteverdi for the piano?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Monteverdi for the piano?
on: June 26, 2016, 04:09:53 AM
Hey, ;)

Does anybody know of any piano solo transcriptions of works by Monteverdi? I imagine some of them might be quite difficult to successfully transcribe for the piano, given his complex counterpoints, but there must be something, no?

Cheers for taking the time to read this, and for any help that might be offered,
M.W.

Offline marijn1999

Re: Monteverdi for the piano?
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:29:36 PM
Only Monteverdi transcription I could find:

https://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/2/28/IMSLP227631-WIMA.2fec-Monteverdi_CanzonaInG_keyboard.pdf

But it isn't anything special. Just listen to Monteverdi's works in their original state. It is much more beautiful that way. Anyway, hope this helps.

BW,
Marijn
Composing and revising old pieces.
---------------------------------------
Visit my YouTube channel! (https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCR0LNNGEPY002W1UXWkqtSw)

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Re: Monteverdi for the piano?
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:54:58 PM
Thank you so much for that, it does help. ;)

Oh, I do listen to Claudio's works in their original form, and love them like that, but perhaps you already know my username here could just as well be 'mr_piano_solo_transcriptions'? ;D
That's how much I'm into them, and I was just hoping I could get my hands on at least a couple of them performed on some of this fascinating composer's pieces.

So, if you or anyone else gets their hands on more of them, I'd be very grateful if you let me know!

Very best,
M.W.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert