Piano Forum logo
November 20, 2017, 07:57:02 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Mitsuko Uchida: Pianist-In-Residence

“Mitsuko Uchido is one of perhaps just a handful of classical pianists whose work can justifiably be mentioned alongside the great players of the past – Rachmaninov, Schnabel, Cortot, Michelangeli.” (ABC Radio National, Australia). Enjoy an excerpt from the third movement of the Schumann a minor Piano Concerto. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrical sections of ballade in g minor (My favorite! :) ) pencilart3  (Read 611 times)
pencilart3
PS Silver Member

« on: July 08, 2016, 08:52:36 PM »

Enjoy Smiley here is how I interpret these sections of this piece. Please let me know what you think of the interpretation. Also I strongly advocate turning the trill twice in the second recording.

* 1.mp3 (5253.8 KB - downloaded 48 times.)
* ballade 1 - 7:8:16, 2.50 PM.mp3 (2096.25 KB - downloaded 47 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

youtube.com/noahjohnsonpiano

piano sheet music of Ballade 1
visitor
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:06:56 PM »

I think your plaayingis nice. But i cannot really comment on interpretation since its fragmented.  A lot of the beauty of the work is cottrasts between various sections and also variety when sstatemebtscome back. 
not a big fan of the work in general, but it has nice moments i can only really apprixciateas the build and develop. 
sort of like saying ooh i have to tell my favorite parts of a story, let me skip the part where we get names and where or when it happens....then asking what was liked about how the story was presented.

we need the turmoil and uuneasyness of eMotional tension in order to experience the catharsis the resolution bringGs In life.

so yep i liked aspects if your playing, but hard to judge from bits and pieces. I would like to hear you play the whole thing.  Not thrilled w sitting through another rendition of the  ballad again but i can limit my ears exposure to basic Chopin until due ti.me Cool Smiley Cheesy
keep posting, your playing keeps improving. Smiley

ajlongspiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 06:25:41 PM »

Sounding great, Noah!

Best,

AJ
pencilart3
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 04:09:43 AM »

Thanks AJ and visitor I don't know the whole thing which is which I didn't post it, but you are totally right about needing the tension to appreciate this. I was more looking for feedback in the beginning stages Smiley thanks for listening you guys

georgey
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:04:18 AM »

You second recording is my favorite part of my favorite Chopin ballade.  Sounds great!  Perhaps the 5 on 6 rhythm can be improved in this very tough section.
pencilart3
PS Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »

Glad you like it. And you're right. Thanks for the feedback!

opus43
PS Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 03:43:08 AM »

You play so pretty. I've always wanted to play this.

Active since 1706!
outin
PS Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 04:08:23 AM »

I did't listen...I hope you don't mind, but I really want to wait for the whole thing Smiley

My summer projects: Scarlatti K87, K466, K109, Scriabin op74 preludes, Chopin Waltz 69-2 and Berceuse. And just exploring more music...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: