Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: My defense of HILLARY CLINTON –my last political post until after the election!  (Read 1004 times)

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
I’m happy to announce that this will be my last post on anything political until AFTER the election!  This includes anything such as “Never Trump.  Oops.”   I will also not post again in this thread but will look for responses, if any.

This post is for folks that believe Bernie Sanders is “honest and ethical to the core”, and that Hillary Clinton “scores a zero on a personal ethics and integrity scale that ranges from 0 to 10”.

Bernie Sanders has given a full endorsement of Hillary Clinton saying "Any objective observer will conclude that -- based on her ideas and her leadership -- Hillary Clinton must become the next president of the United States," and “I am proud to stand with her.”

Case 1:  Bernie Sanders has not endorsed Hillary Clinton and did not say the italicized words above.  I will let someone else argue this position.  I will not respond but I will be reading with a smile on my face.

Case 2A:  Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton and did say the italicized words above, but he does not know the real Hillary Clinton.  The real Hillary scores a ZERO on a personal ethics and integrity scale that ranges from 0 to 10.  But Bernie has known and worked with Clinton for decades.  Also, he would have thoroughly vetted her before endorsing. How could this be possible? I will let someone else argue this position.

Case  2B.1:  Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton and did say the italicized words above, and he knows the real Hillary Clinton, AND Bernie is being truthful in his endorsement.  How can this be possible if Hillary Clinton “scores a zero on a personal ethics and integrity scale that ranges from 0 to 10”?  SEE EDIT BELOW.

Case  2B.2:  Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton and did say the italicized words above, and he knows the real Hillary Clinton, HOWEVER Bernie is NOT being truthful in his endorsement.  How can this be possible if Bernie is "honest and ethical to the core"?  I will argue this case:  Let’s give Bernie a break on this one.  It’s okay that he lied in this case.  SEE EDIT BELOW.

I believe I covered all cases, unless there is a logician that can point out a case that I missed.  ;)

EDIT: Just so there is no misunderstanding, I do not believe Bernie Sanders is a liar and I believe he is honest and ethical to the core. Therefore case 2B.2 is very unlikely.  Case 1: Impossible.  Case 2A: Impossible.  Therefore case 2B.1 very likely applies and the premise that Clinton is a Zero is false.  She would have to rate maybe 7+ to get the endorsement she did from Bernie.

Offline opus43

I don't think syllogisms are useful for this case because here it is only pseudo-logical.
Active since 1706!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert