Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin op 10 no 1  (Read 1403 times)

Offline expressman70

Chopin op 10 no 1
on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:37 PM
Hey all,

I am currently learning the piece, and the arpeggios are not really hard for me at all. What is tricky is actually accenting the 5th finger.

Therefore:

What is the best way to practice to get this effect in tempo?

I can pull it off in practice tempo but when I play it fast it seems like it is swallowed.

If you play the piece please enlighten me, and make my life a bit easier.

Thank you very much for viewing, and have a great day!

MM

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin op 10 no 1
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:22 PM
I could be wrong (Someone will correct me) And I cannot play the piece.

But I remember reading somewhere that actually Chopin wrote the accents because the natural movement of the hand caused this, not because you actively had to try for them - Almost like he was trying to make the piece more natural by adding them in....

I'm not sure if there is a wrong way to play this at speed and not accent those notes...
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline expressman70

Re: Chopin op 10 no 1
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 03:33:06 PM
Lol thanks for the reply, but regardless I want to be able to choose to either make an accent, and have control.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert