Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Piano accompaniments abound online...but the reverse?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline anchael

Piano accompaniments abound online...but the reverse?
on: November 12, 2016, 03:09:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered recordings of, for example, the violin part only for a violin sonata (etc)?

There are heaps of recorded piano accompaniments available, and I fully realise why they're needed!
I just think it could be fun (well, for me at least) to occasionally have a play around with violin/cello sonatas, piano trios, etc without committing to the piece & tracking down others equally committed.

Has anyone even seen anything like this? I'd happily pay money for CDs/mp3s of such things if they existed!

Thanks in advance   :D

~ Andy

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano accompaniments abound online...but the reverse?
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
Hi anchael, welcome to Pianostreet!

I would imagine that due to the interconnected nature of chamber music, it would not be as forgiving as for example the orchestral part for a concerto.  Nonetheless, an interesting idea.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline anchael

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 11:00:30 PM
I agree completely, it would not be the same. But could be enjoyable to just sit down with one for a few hours occasionally. It wouldn't be too hard to record pieces with the piano accompaniment on it's own stereo channel (could then just shift the speaker balance to hide the piano track, or have the full recording to mimic the specific 'interconnectedness' of that particular interpretation).

Maybe I should invent this then :)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:10:20 PM
Some karaoke systems use the difference between R and L channels to either include or exclude vocals.  You just need to do this with Mozart now  ;D
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline stevensk

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 07:35:41 PM

Its really hard to find, ask a violinst friend? Tried google?

Here one little piece:

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert