Piano Forum logo
November 23, 2017, 05:31:28 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Practicing Perfection: Memory and Piano Performance

The memory capacity of famous musicians seem almost superhuman. Can such outstanding accomplishments be explained by the same principles associated with ordinary, everyday memory related abilities? Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: chopin's fantasie impromptu  (Read 6743 times)
BoliverAllmon
PS Gold Member

« on: April 06, 2003, 08:56:06 AM »

I have a question on the bass clef on I believe the 5 measure. There is a little half note that is tied to another little quarter note. My question is this. What does this little note mean? If I am suppose to hold that note out, what do I do if my fingers are wide enough? (I have already tried).

Thanks, Boliver Allmon
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Fantaisie-Impromptu
frederic
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 09:10:17 AM »

It means you hold the first note of each figure.  But this is not important because all editions of Chopin is different and we really don't know which one is the most accurate one. Thats the problem with Chopin's music. He always changed little details even if it was being published. If you can hold it thats fine. What do you mean by wide enough?

"The concert is me" - Franz Liszt
BoliverAllmon
PS Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 06:22:22 AM »

I can't stretch that far and fast. I probably could with practice, but just can't yet.

Boliver Allmon III
BoliverAllmon
PS Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 06:24:27 AM »

Ok, I take that back. I can on my piano. I wasn't able to the other night at my friend's house. My question is this, are all keys equal size? or was I just not stretched?

Boliver Almon III
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: