Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Bluetooth Pageturners  (Read 1352 times)

Offline bradley

• PS Silver Member
Bluetooth Pageturners
on: February 09, 2017, 11:48:08 PM
Hello!

I have an iPad and am finally considering getting a bluetooth pageturner. AirTurn is the name that I've known for a while, and seems to be the most popular, but I the PageFlip Firefly seems to be a great choice too. To make things more complicated, the updated version of the Airturn, the "Duo", seems to be not as good as its predecessor.

What do you all use? Does anyone have the PageFlip Firefly or the AirTurn Duo? Thoughts?

-- B

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bluetooth Pageturners
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:12:25 AM
Hello!

I have an iPad and am finally considering getting a bluetooth pageturner. AirTurn is the name that I've known for a while, and seems to be the most popular, but I the PageFlip Firefly seems to be a great choice too. To make things more complicated, the updated version of the Airturn, the "Duo", seems to be not as good as its predecessor.

What do you all use? Does anyone have the PageFlip Firefly or the AirTurn Duo? Thoughts?

-- B

I have a PageFlip firefly. It seems to work fine, but I need a better tablet because the one I have now is just too slow, makes me crazy. So haven't really used it much yet. It works well with my laptop, but that isn't practical.

Offline phillip21

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:53:34 PM
I use an AirTurn.  Although it will work with my tablet, I mostly use it at home to read scores off a large monitor attached by VGA cable to my Linux laptop.  It works very well, although the time taken to turn a page depends on the score.  Large pdfs with many pages / high quality scabs will turn slower than small files.

Offline bradley

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 03:44:52 PM
I use an AirTurn.  Although it will work with my tablet, I mostly use it at home to read scores off a large monitor attached by VGA cable to my Linux laptop.  It works very well, although the time taken to turn a page depends on the score.  Large pdfs with many pages / high quality scabs will turn slower than small files.

This is a great idea! You could definitely reduce the quality and/or split those pdfs.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert