Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: What's the best way to find out if classical pianists are performing near you?  (Read 925 times)

Offline matthew from florida

• PS Silver Member
Why do they all have to be in Europe/NYC?

I live in Charlotte, NC so finding an event in town by any famous classical pianist is a rare event. (We got lucky and has Valentina Lisitsa and Anna Fedorova drop in for recitals in the past 6 months).

But what's the best way of finding out when they plan on coming to a town near you? I'm unaware of a central website (like Bachtrack) that is good at this. Right now I have to look up every artist individually every few months.

The only reason I even found out about Valentina coming to Charlotte last year was because I asked her and she directly replied to me!

Offline dogperson

Why are you looking up individual performers?  The Charlotte Observer publishes a list of all upcoming concerts

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article100517932.html

Offline matthew from florida

• PS Silver Member
Why are you looking up individual performers?  The Charlotte Observer publishes a list of all upcoming concerts

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article100517932.html

Damn, how have I missed this... a friend who knows a lot more about Charlotte music was also unaware :/ Thank you dogperson.

That being said, there's still no good place I'm aware of that collects all tours/concerts together effectively. I would be happy to travel out of Charlotte for certain pianists ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
The performance space usually or some kind of publication that focuses more on music and the arts.  If it's a music school at any level, they'll probably have their own schedule available somewhere.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert