Piano Forum logo
June 20, 2018, 07:40:49 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Top downloads - #4:
Beethoven - Piano Sonata (Moonlight)

Beethoven's most popular sonata. It is dedicated to his pupil, 17-year-old Countess Giulietta Guicciardi, with whom Beethoven was, or had been, in love. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best edition for Franck violin/piano sonata in A major?  (Read 483 times)
pierrenicole88
PS Silver Member

« on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:59 AM »

Hello,

I need to buy the score of the Franck sonata.The only 2 editions I could find in the shop close to my place were Henle and Wiener Urtext. Which one of these 2 do you think i should prefer ? Or are there other better editions ?

Thanks in advance.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
pianoman1349
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:22:42 AM »

Both are good editions.

Henle includes fingering by the Menhuins in the piano/violin part.
I like the layout of the universal a little better, tho that's a personal thing.

My preferred edition, mainly as I learned from it, as did my teacher, is the International Music Company edition edited by Zino Francescatti and Robert Casadesus.

kalirren
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:17:28 AM »

the International Music Company edition edited by Zino Francescatti and Robert Casadesus.

That's the one I used too. I bought it as the best of three editions that Shar music had in stock at the time, although I honestly can't remember why I thought it was best.

Beethoven: An die Ferne Geliebte
Franck: Sonata in A Major
Vieuxtemps: Sonata in Bb Major for Viola
Prokofiev: Sonata for Flute in D Major
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: