Piano Forum logo
November 22, 2017, 09:23:32 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Brendel Plays and Introduces Schubert – 5 DVD Set

Alfred Brendel is an outstanding modern exponent of Schubert’s piano music. He is capable of bringing not only the verve of this music but also its poetic intensity and intellectual depth to life with a special vibrancy. In this unique collection – a 5 DVD box (on Naxos) at a very attractive price – he plays all of Schubert’s major works for keyboard and introduces each piece, throwing light on its compositional substance and at the same time revealing his own highly personal relationship with these masterpieces of Romantic music. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best edition for Franck violin/piano sonata in A major?  (Read 206 times)
pierrenicole88
PS Silver Member

« on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:59 AM »

Hello,

I need to buy the score of the Franck sonata.The only 2 editions I could find in the shop close to my place were Henle and Wiener Urtext. Which one of these 2 do you think i should prefer ? Or are there other better editions ?

Thanks in advance.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
pianoman1349
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:22:42 AM »

Both are good editions.

Henle includes fingering by the Menhuins in the piano/violin part.
I like the layout of the universal a little better, tho that's a personal thing.

My preferred edition, mainly as I learned from it, as did my teacher, is the International Music Company edition edited by Zino Francescatti and Robert Casadesus.

kalirren
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:17:28 AM »

the International Music Company edition edited by Zino Francescatti and Robert Casadesus.

That's the one I used too. I bought it as the best of three editions that Shar music had in stock at the time, although I honestly can't remember why I thought it was best.

Beethoven: An die Ferne Geliebte
Franck: Sonata in A Major
Vieuxtemps: Sonata in Bb Major for Viola
Prokofiev: Sonata for Flute in D Major
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: