Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Keichi Okabe (Arr Keigo Hoashi) - Shadowlord-Nier Gestalt & Replicant Piano Col  (Read 2067 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
2nd of 3 pieces worked up for a student achievement recital for my teacher's studio. I have previously posted two other Nier Piano Collections works, this is the 3rd of them I've worked up. Lots of fun piano devices used to transform the main theme and harmony about.

like in previous post worked up with about 2-3 weeks notice. recorded with olympus dual mics, high sensitivity setting, piano was a schimmel 7ft semi concert grand (nice little instrument, the tuning a bit wonky in the middle voices but nice overall)

thanks listening  :)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
I very much liked your playing, such a lovely touch and much substance in it!

But you can probably guess that the music is too sentimental to my taste. Film or game music I assume?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
I very much liked your playing, such a lovely touch and much substance in it!

But you can probably guess that the music is too sentimental to my taste. Film or game music I assume?
thanks outin!!!!  i agree, it's not my favorite of the set or 'collection' but it's schmaltzy enough to appeal to that side of me that likes that cheesy sound. it's more of a modern 'parlor' or 'salon' solo than anything. and yes it's an re imagining of another arrangement for piano from a game /title , mainly worked it up because i needed something i could quickly learn to fill up the renaming time slot was on the hook for  :) 8)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
thanks outin!!!!  i agree, it's not my favorite of the set or 'collection' but it's schmaltzy enough to appeal to that side of me that likes that cheesy sound. it's more of a modern 'parlor' or 'salon' solo than anything. and yes it's an re imagining of another arrangement for piano from a game /title , mainly worked it up because i needed something i could quickly learn to fill up the renaming time slot was on the hook for  :) 8)

I would think this would be much liked by most people though, so don't mind me...I just have odd taste ;)

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Very nicely played, Visitor.  It brushes my memory as a classical piece.  You say it's more of a "salon" piece.  I'm not familiar nor accustomed to the modern salon piece, but sounds like it's in your hands to play in a trice on a Sunday stroll. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Very nicely played, Visitor.  It brushes my memory as a classical piece.  You say it's more of a "salon" piece.  I'm not familiar nor accustomed to the modern salon piece, but sounds like it's in your hands to play in a trice on a Sunday stroll. :)
good times goldentone! The piece fits surprisingly well in the hands and does employ a fair amount of piano bravado devices straight out of classical and romantic playbooks hee heee
As for salon/parlor, mainly meant that the material though attractive, is not developed all that much and reminds me of a lot of the showier music published in the mid 19th century through early 20th century as private home  and gathering fodder.
Though certainly it could be spontaneously conjured  after a lovely evening walk

Its a very flexible theme, see here this gymnastics group adapt it for their routine
 8)

Thanks again for listening and commenting , appreciate it lots
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert