Piano Forum logo
June 25, 2018, 04:03:22 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Liszt: The Grand Sonata

In an article about one of the greatest masterpieces of the 19th century piano literature, Franz Liszt's Sonata in B minor, Patrick Jovell guides us through the history of the work as well as a few of the most common analytical approaches. Listen online to the two recommended performances by Vásáry and Arrau while you follow along in Liszt's autograph manuscript or the printed score available from Piano Street's sheet music library. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RNCM tutor decision  (Read 903 times)
amadeus90
PS Silver Member

« on: July 25, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »

Hello!

So, I need your help in choosing a good teacher at the RNCM. Briefly saying, I had an offer from the RAM, RCM and the RNCM, but only RNCM awarded me a good scholarship. Along with the fact that Manchester is a lot cheaper than London (at least in accommodation), I accepted their offer. Do you think that studying at the RAM or the RCM would be a better choice? Nevertheless, I wonder if you could give me some info regarding the 'good' RNCM teachers and their teaching 'methods'. I have been assigned to Benjamin Frith, but have some hesitations as I don't know him as a tutor.

Their current tutors:
Benjamin Frith, John Gough, Paul Janes, Helen Krizos, Peter Lawson, Sally Ann MacLeod, Murray McLachlan, Richard Ormrod, Dina Parakhina, Stephen Savage, Graham Scott, Colin Stone, Frank Wibaut, Jeremy Young
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: